Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a dealership on the weekend. Was able to get right up next to a couple of Xterra's on the lot. One was also white. I sure like the look of my rig compared to what it used to look like.
Here are some pics:

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice -----"poser". Not long at all!!
Anyway, I like the look of it, and I do go off road, so......my choice.

And I do the same thing in parking lots. Always park next the other Xterras. I always find myself looking at the driver of X's that I see on the roads, looking to see if they are looking at me!!!

Ton's of Fun!!

·
on line
432 Posts
Bueller44 said:
I always find myself looking at the driver of X's that I see on the roads, looking to see if they are looking at me!!!

Ton's of Fun!!
Haha I do this too. Trying to look at other drivers to see if we notice each other. :bounce:

- Russell

·
on line
1,231 Posts
RussellB said:
Bueller44 said:
I always find myself looking at the driver of X's that I see on the roads, looking to see if they are looking at me!!!

Ton's of Fun!!
Haha I do this too. Trying to look at other drivers to see if we notice each other. :bounce:

- Russell
I do that too...just to see if they'll look back to acknowledge that we drive one kick arse truck! With my WRX, I used to wave back and forth to other WRX drivers all the time. But most of the X drivers could probably care less.

-Jerry

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I am always trying to wave or park by other X owners but most of the time it is some cute mid thirties mom, they usually just give me a dirty look lol.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
There is a post by Sexterra after he finished his calmini lift I believe. It is awesome to see his rig against the original. I will try and find the link.

·
on line
255 Posts
atekt,
Around here a lot of people wave and my wife waves back. No dirty looks and no worries about anyone hassling her as she always travels with Horace and Dan.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
oldmanterra,
thats awesome that they wave, I wish they did here in wonderful Utah :banghead:

·
on line
255 Posts
atekt,
We live out in the county. Cattle and dairy ranches in our valley. Not a lot of people...yet. Many new arrivals are not used to our Wyoming wave. They often don't respond in kind, but the simple gesture of the index finger of the left hand raising from the wheel when encountering another vehicle on the 2 lane is a tradition here we hope to help perpetuate and not just for us X drivers.

·
on line
255 Posts
fubar1217,
I miss the WRX. We had the sport wagon and the sedan. Truly fun cars. We used to do the wave thing with our first one, but as time went by, we got very few responses. It seemed to kind of die out once the Rex was discovered and became more mainstream 'IN'. Witness the '08s. Still quick(I test drove one yesterday about 35 miles up toward Laramie and back), but not as much fun to drive. It feels much 'softer', I guess to appeal to a wider market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts