Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody else noticed a huge drop off in mileage around the 3800 mile area. My truck went from getting 17ish, to 10. I am not driving like a fool, I have been getting gas from the same place for about 2 months now, and I dont idle my car to warm it up. It did get cold went from about 32 to 7 in one night, and every car I have ever owned gets 2MPG or so less during the winter but not 7. Just wondering if anybody has ever had this problem.
Russ

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well if you really want a good answer you can go to XOC and ask, im sure they might have a better answer! :cheers: :cheers:

Im just kidding.... dont go over there and ask that question, you will get chewed out.

I know my gas mileage went down as the months went by, but it was probably because i kept adding mods to it. im not down to 10 miles per gallon, but im trying to get there :thumbleft:

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I took it in for the oil change the other day and asked them what was up, but all they said is they "dont have the equipment to check it right now, bring it in next saturday and we can check it" I brought it in at 10am on a saturday, they close at 1pm. I dont know if they were being lazy or what but, I have an Appt on Saturday at 9am....so we will see

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Dude, don't let them jack you around. I've had a couple lame experiences with the service department at my Mossy Nissan dealership. I had to ask to talk to the actual mechanic because the service rep was sub-human-stupid. Just don't leave until you get an answer and a solution to why you're getting 10mpg!

Good luck.
________
Easy Vape Digital Review

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Where do you live? In the Northeast we have winter blend gas that really hurts the MPG, but not down to 10 mpg. I think I am getting 15 or 16 around town.

·
on line
551 Posts
On our first tank we got about 11 mpg, all city. Filled by the dealer, so maybe not all the way filled.
On the second tank now, hoping to see improvement.
MPG was one of the reasons we got rid of the Dak.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I am getting about 16 mostly highway, thats with tires and lift.

·
on line
49 Posts
I bought mine in May 2006. Mileage in town was araound 16, and hwy was around 18.

I am at 6000 miles now, and the last 3 fillups have also seen a dramatic drop in mpg, but higher than 10. Currenty I am getting about 13 in town, and 16 on hwy. I am hoping it is just the midwest winter fuel + cold temps = more fuel consumption.

I am dissappointed in the current mpg though. I never saw this sort of drop in my 1995 Hardbody pickup I sold prior to the X.

:scratch:

mitt

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, it's amazing that totaly stock trucks are seeing 13mpg even with winter blend gas. I am seeing about 13mpg, live in Pittsburgh and have 500+ lbs of armor, tires, and recovery gear. Not to mention larger tires and lift.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I took off my Lights, rack and tires and rims and went to factory tires and rims. On a 50 mile trip today 10 mile of it city the rest hwy not above 70 I got an average of 17 MPG. I seen numbers flashing on the scan gage that I haven't see in a long long time. So, I think it is more tires than anything a 22 Lb difference between the two sets each rim and tire.
It would appear all the sliders, skids, bumpers and winch are not costing me much. But the roof lights and tires are killing me.

The drawback is, I went out to the employee parking lot and looked for my X for about an hour before I recalled removing the lights. (JK) It does kinda look like crap like this, Naked! MC

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I get around 11-13 mpg most of the time. Reason for mine being so low is that all of my trips are less then 5 miles usually and spend some time sitting at idle.

·
on line
78 Posts
Im getting 18 mpg I runn mostly hwy @ 75 mph.I live in tn and have 3.36 running gears which I'm still alittle ill about have the Or edition should have at least 3.54's

·
on line
355 Posts
all stock here, i get between 250-300 miles on one tank. Whatever that means. But i'm only on my tank #2 currently..

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Brand ass spanking new I did a 2000 mile trip and consistently got 400 miles per tank loaded with 4 people and gear.
1 Yr Later, with all the Shrockworks products installed, skids, bumpers, sliders and a winch, with stock tires, I can still get 400 miles per tank.
This is Hwy miles only. 65 to 75 MPH. MC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts