Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introduction: I'm brand new to the site, looking forward to all the idea's I've gotten from you guys! I'm just a college kid trying to make his way, but i've got an addiction to the X.

Username: mikememe

Make: Nissan
Year: 2007
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Knight Amour

Mileage: 103,000

MODS

Mods are in order of date finished :)

Exterior:

• LED underglow kit (Ebay)
  • Off-Road antenna (Amazon)
  • Curt Roof Rack
  • Oracle LED rear pods (CARiD)
  • 15% front window tint
  • Driver/Passanger vent shades
  • OEM Fog lights
  • Stickers >:)
  • Raptor LED mod (Oznium
  • LED alley lights x4(Amazon)
Interior
  • Lobo rear shelf
  • Rex Rug
  • Additional amber/white LED caution lights (Amazon)
  • Additional netting pockets (Amazon)
  • LED dome light conversion
Wheels/Tires:
  • 17" XD Rockstar 1 (regret these, but they still roll so not worth changing)
  • 265/75 Coopertire A/T
Entertainment:
  • Pioneer DEH-8600BS head unit
  • kicker 300W 6/12 rear speakers
  • kicker ASC69 6x9 front speakers
  • Kicker 300.1 mono amp
  • Memphis Audio 10" sub/box
Removed::
  • Factory Radio Antenna
  • Side Rails
  • Mud Flaps
Electrical
PHOTOS

March 13th, 2014 (Birthday, received the X!)

August 2nd, 2014 new shoes!

August 19th, 2014 front window tint!

March 21, 2015 plasti-diped my emblems

July 14th, 2015 LED Underglow Kit

September 11th, 2015 LED Dome/License plate lights

December 25th, 2015 Curt Roof Rack

January 10th, 2016 LED Reverse pods

I have a lot of things planned, all on hold due to lack of funds :( more to come soon! Don't be afraid to give suggestions! Taking all advice I can get.

January 23, 2015 Raptor Mod

February 7, 2016
Mounted the spare on the roof rack, not sure if I'll keep it but I like the look for now

March 24, 2016
Removed spare from the roof. Horrible MPG loss (like 3-4)
Installed 4 NiLight 6LED 18w flood lights as Alley Lights
I went cheap with the lights mostly because I wasn't really sure how much i'd like it and they will be cheap to replace if it goes bad. for $15 a pair I had to give it a try.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Been a while since I've updated.
I found out I love logging roads.

Built a lopro bar, with amber/white hazard lights.

Finally got myself a rex-rug.

Got myself a rear recovery point

and the girlfriend bought an Xterra! Hell yeah!

·
West North Central Regional Moderator
9,791 Posts
welcome! why do you regret the rockstars?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome! why do you regret the rockstars?
Only because where I'm from, Northeast Atlanta, I see another truck/SUV with them at least twice a week and I had no idea they were so popular.. I just liked to be different! I love the look but it's not worth paying to upgrade/change.

·
West North Central Regional Moderator
9,791 Posts
Only because where I'm from, Northeast Atlanta, I see another truck/SUV with them at least twice a week and I had no idea they were so popular.. I just liked to be different! I love the look but it's not worth paying to upgrade/change.
yeah, it seems like most bro-dozers had these as #1 on the list for a few years. They aren't as popular now. I've always kind of dug them though. especially on this volvo.

Volvo retires ipd's XC70R All Terrain to the Volvo Museum in Gothenburg

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
lol... yup. SUPER popular around here too, both with the super lifted Diesel crowd and the Jeep crowd.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update: 3/28/15

Added some new lights, 4x Nilight 18w LED bars. I put 2 on each side to be used as alley/brush lights.

I went cheap mostly as a proof of concept because I was not sure if I'd really like having these lights where I have them, but I ended up really satisfied with their performance and the advantage I get at night wether I'm camping, off-roading, or just need some light other that my rear facing lights or headlights.

Now for some PICTURES

I'll update my post with daylight pictures of how I mounted and what the positioning looks like this afternoon.

And yes, I will be either removing or replacing my underglow/rocklights very soon because the colors have gone wacko.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought a 2015 Pro-4x suspension from @rob103180 (only 4000 miles!!!). Will probably be purchasing an AAL and front spacer for get a total of 2 1/2+/- in the front and around 4+/- in the back, I'm sagging so bad in the rear that my headlights are pointed light my brights and I get flashed constantly.

Thanks Robby for the sale, can't wait to get this installed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AAL has been installed to my rear leafs, the rear leafs and rear shocks should be installed this afternoon. I'll have my coils compressed with the very shiny 2" spacer this saturday and install the front then. Tomorrow I'll be looking like a drag racer but at least she'll have four wheels on the ground!

Oh yeah, Gillette sent me a nice birthday present (turned 18 a month ago). Definitely something I'll be using!

BTW, the closest jack stand and 4x4 is just a safety measure, it's in case another one fails. no weight is sitting on an unbalanced block of wood. >:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lift Installed!

So, I finally finished my suspension install Saturday night. In all, took me about 12hrs, maybe 16 total including runs to the auto zone and home depot.

My lift was more of a rejuvenation project, plus a little bit here and there. I bought the rear leafs, rear shocks, and front coilovers from a 2015 pro-4x with only 4,000miles. I added a Rancho AAL and originally planned to use a 2inch in-coil spacer in the front. (I'm glad I didn't use this).

I started on Sunday, worked for about 4hrs to get most the of the rear off.

The driver side lower shock bolt was an absolute nightmare. I ended up breaking two ratchets and a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter, so I left and bought a 17mm & 19mm 1/2" 6 point socket. Even with the better-suited sockets, I needed a 2ft breaker bar and a 3ft pipe. It BARELY moved, but it was enough to work with until it came free. All the rest were pretty simple, the passenger side lower shock was the second toughest but not as bad as the first.

Before:

Here's the half-way done pic.

After:

^Before again for better comparison.

Overall, I know it wasn't exactly a real lift or suspension upgrade, but for a 10 year old truck it drives 10x better, less nose-drive, and no more bottoming out. I do have slight rake, if I'd have used the 2" spacers, I'd be sitting higher in the front. I'm very happy with the results

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey bud was wondering how you like your glow kit looking at maybe getting it. How is the brightness and the setup? Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You get what you pay for. For ~$25 you get a pretty bright set of lights, but I've had them about 7 months and one set has lost an LED color and it's off now. But, for just $25 more, you get a whole replacement set that you can replace the strips of LEDs as they go bad so it's really a preference thing. Colormorph has a set that's very expensive, but they are not as bright.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You get what you pay for. For ~$25 you get a pretty bright set of lights, but I've had them about 7 months and one set has lost an LED color and it's off now. But, for just $25 more, you get a whole replacement set that you can replace the strips of LEDs as they go bad so it's really a preference thing. Colormorph has a set that's very expensive, but they are not as bright.
Thanks man well for that price could by like 4 sets for the price of 1 of the expensive stuff. Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts