Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting my lights put up on the crossbar tomorrow using Yakima Mighty Mounts. I've read that they're pretty sturdy, but can anyone who's done the setup or used it often verify it's reliability? I sure don't one one of the lights flying off when I'm doing 90 down the freeway ;-)

thanks
________
PRILOSEC LAWYER

·
on line
1,123 Posts
I used a pair of mighty mounts to hold my hi-lift jack on the roof for months without a problem. I'd imagine your lights would be fine.

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks for the info. i went to get the lights put on and the foo ended up ordering the 14H mounts instead of 28H :angryfire:

guess i'll have to wait another week
________
KittyLittle

·
Read Only
656 Posts
juntao said:
I'm getting my lights put up on the crossbar tomorrow using Yakima Mighty Mounts.
By the way, what lights are you going with and how are you wiring them? Thru the roof or some other route?

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
buxwheat said:
juntao said:
I'm getting my lights put up on the crossbar tomorrow using Yakima Mighty Mounts.
By the way, what lights are you going with and how are you wiring them? Thru the roof or some other route?

I'm going with the Pilot Navigators. I don't have a pic but they're 3 1/2' X 6", black, and 55W, with stone guards. Decided to keep it cheap for the top.....they're about $34 ea.

I'm planning on hiding the wiring in the crossbars, the outer two lights to one switch and the inner two to another switch. I plan on drilling a small hole through the roof for all of this. I figured what the hell, it can't be all that bad otherwise no one would be doing it :cheers:
________
Sharry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts