1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just received their 41.5" but I'm waiting on a lo pro light bar to test it out. Should be in next week. I touched it to the battery to check it out and it seemed ok. Will test against a 50" rigid my friend has when I get a chance.

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just received their 41.5" but I'm waiting on a lo pro light bar to test it out. Should be in next week. I touched it to the battery to check it out and it seemed ok. Will test against a 50" rigid my friend has when I get a chance.
What can you say on the quality so far? The hardware, wiring etc...

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I am curious as well.. I mean you can buy 4 of these before you can buy 1 Rigid LightBar

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Based off the 1st picture they look to be like Totron's regular Double Row series which is VERY weak in the lumen department and are only rated @ IP65... although they both say 12000 Lumen the Cree LED is much brighter so it seems their specifications are wrong. The second one with the screw across the face looks like the newer DC series that is with Cree LEDS and rated at IP67...

1st pic looks like these:

2nd one looks like these:

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So who's gonna buy some and post the results? :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
3,457 Posts
So who's gonna buy some and post the results? :iconbiggrin:
Might have to brush up your reading phonic skills :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just got the bar from xoskel, working on getting it painted and mounted. Also may be dealing with a timing chain whine so has taken a sudden back seat. Will take it over to my friend's and do a side by side with his rigid. No doubt the rigid is superior but by a margin of how much I guess. I'm a casual off roader but needed more light so it seemed to fit my needs. It seems that totron, mictuning and all the made in China light bars are manufactured in the same plant then relabeled. Could be wrong but that's the way I understand it. I've also heard to pull lights apart and reseal against the weather. Will try to get results this weekend.

Description from Amazon-
MicTuning HML-B2240 10-30V 41.5" 240W LED lights bar Spot Beam Super Bright 15000 Lumen 4¡Á4 off road ATV SUV Jeep

·
on line
1,739 Posts
This would make sense, the wiring kit that comes with it looks pretty much identical to the other, cheaper brands.

Just got the bar from xoskel, working on getting it painted and mounted. Also may be dealing with a timing chain whine so has taken a sudden back seat. Will take it over to my friend's and do a side by side with his rigid. No doubt the rigid is superior but by a margin of how much I guess. I'm a casual off roader but needed more light so it seemed to fit my needs. It seems that totron, mictuning and all the made in China light bars are manufactured in the same plant then relabeled. Could be wrong but that's the way I understand it. I've also heard to pull lights apart and reseal against the weather. Will try to get results this weekend.

Description from Amazon-
MicTuning HML-B2240 10-30V 41.5" 240W LED lights bar Spot Beam Super Bright 15000 Lumen 4¡Á4 off road ATV SUV Jeep

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Not good enough for those wanting to put them more than 3 feet underwater.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Headlight only
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Lvwilly/IMG_1367_zps9a63199f.jpg

Lightbar only
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Lvwilly/IMG_1369_zpsebf6fa0f.jpg

Headlight and lightbar
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Lvwilly/IMG_1368_zpsdabe499e.jpg

Looks good so far but I've done nothing besides turning it on. Couldn't get pics of it next to a rigid as my friend doesn't have his mounted yet. Looked at his 30" and the differences are what you'd expect. His front glass was under a metal lip all the way around whereas mine was only under the top metal lip with no sides and the bottom was canted out slightly. The use of caulking was more apparent on mine as they used it to fill the gap at the bottom of the glass against the lip that it was supposed to go under but wasn't. Same caulking around the wire plug going into the light, looked secure but they added it for whatever reason.

I haven't been offroad with it or done any other forms of testing. Nothing to say about holding up to abuse. It seems to fit the bill for me so far and I'm happy with the purchase. If you want me to throw it in a lake and test the three foot idea I will.

I also wasn't able to use the xoskel bar I got. Certainly nothing against John, it was a good-looking product that I asked him to do something custom to and I couldn't get it to work. We ended up using his mounting solution with a smaller bracket on each side with no central bar, only the light. The bar spills a ridiculous amount of light on the hood and it's unusable in it's current setup. Not sure if mounting further back is needed or what.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hey Afghanski, great little wright up and good picks to see how much light this thing produces. one request, would you be able to post up a couple picks of the light bar itself, (dosen't need to be turned on) just so we could be able to see the product and the little defects that you mentioned

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
The bar spills a ridiculous amount of light on the hood and it's unusable in it's current setup. Not sure if mounting further back is needed or what.
Glare is an issue for many lights mounted on the roof like that. You may want to look into having a custom glare shield made.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts