Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Baja MTZ's? Been seriously considering this tire but I've also heard really good things about the Destination MT. Looking for the best grip in any terrain with max tread life and these are the 2 I narrowed it down to. Size of course being 285/75R16 or 33"x11.5"x16"

·
on line
13,466 Posts
The mickeys will wear alot faster then the Firestones. The salesman at 4 wheel parts talked me out of mickeys and super swampers because they wear quick. Especially if they are going to be daily drivers. I know turtle has had his firestone mt's for a year plus now, and his still look great.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The X is DD and I need excellent grip off road. I tend to get in slick conditions alot. Suppose i'll be going with the Firestones then. Thanks.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I have the Mickey T's Mtz....I also have the procomp at's....I usually keep my Mtz's on in the winter months and my at's in the summer. The Mtz's perform incredible in the snow. I like them, but having 2 sets of tires gets expensive, so I think next year I might go with BFG Atko's

·
on line
3,218 Posts
MTZ' are good for dedicated OR tires, but the Destination MTs are a better value all around.. (on my 3 rd set..)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts