Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im considering buying the mickey thompson baja atz radial slt tires. does anyone have these on their x? Im not sure if they make them in a 265/70-16 size (same as stock) but i was wondering how much worse gas mileage would i get with a 265/75-16? I would rather stay same size as stock. any other suggestions on all terrain tires?...besides the cookie cutter bfg's.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I had MIckey Thompson mtz's in a 265/75/16. I know they are not the At's but I love Mickey Thompson tires they wear very well. Switching from 70 to 75 you wont notice much of a difference. All the OR models come with a 75 profile stock rugged trail tire.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
x-mann, no reason not to go to 265 75s; they're basically "stock" too, since the OR trim runs them. IMO, they look a bit better, and will get you that much more clearance under the diff and traction off road. And on road, you may get a sturdier tire, depending on what load ratings etc are offered in the different sizes. The "same" tire is often different in the different sizes, and 265 75s are a nice standard LT size and are usually rated D or E--and more easily replaced in a pinch since they're a more common size.

Mpg differences are going to be minimal.

·
on line
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rite on! thats what i needed to hear. Thanks miles and d-rap. hey d-rap what kind of susp do you have on the front end? Ts? also what kind of tires do you have?

·
on line
1,792 Posts
It's custom, 2.5" King coilovers, remote reservoir, SLR upper arms, Titan lowers (boxed), Sway-a-Way longer half-shafts, extended tie rod ends and Light Racing hydraulic bumpstops. Works great.

Too bad the guy who worked the magic is out of biz.

·
on line
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks D-rap. Your x is sick. Cant go wrong with kings. Hey is there any photos of your x on this site?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts