Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Xers!
I installed a 2015 S-model's OEM stereo unit into my 2014 S-model Xterra. Since they have the same number of pins, all I thought I needed was the steering wheel control bypass harness. After everything was installed, the only thing that doesn't work is my mic. I can hear other people just fine and the steering wheel controls work perfectly, but no one can hear me on the call.

I have these documents for the stereo wiring..if it helps anyone...I cant see much of a difference between the two Xs' wiring...

Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Reactions: HanCholo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking at the wiring diagram, they slightly differ.
the 2015's mic is on 37,38,39 while the 2014's is 41,42,43

also the 2015 has a built in BT while the 2014's BT is under the passenger seat. The BT unit is what powers the mic. I am using a bypass to retain the steering wheel controls, so i think i have to wire the mic to the pins 37-39....? would that ruin the slots those are in use right now? but idk how correct all these is, they have the same harness connectors and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mic essentially has 3 wires, a VCC, GND, and signal, on the 32 pin connector. If they are not the same location or don't appear on the connector to the radio, you may have to tap some wires from the BT module to make it work.

For the stereo pins you can check the pinout diagram here, (it happens to be for the same model year of stereo you installed). Try to find a diagram for the BT module as well, or use your best judgement if none exist.

Very big disclaimer: I don't actually have experience with this because my stereo was the one with Bluetooth built in, but this probably the route I would explore. I don't think anything should explode if connected wrong, worst that could happen is ruining the mic, but definitely proceed at your own risk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here is the pin structure for the BT. The wires going to the BT are 6-shield, 7/8 mic signal, 29 power (ground).

I think if I cut the wires 6, 7,8 and 29 and run them up to the stereo unit to these slots , it should work....right?
Microphone signal (+)

38 L
MIC VCC

39 shield
Microphone signal (-)

47 B
EQ3

Its just a question of which wire goes to which slot on the stereo.....
37 P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.