Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Damn Wetfeet. That is allot of coil buck to remove. Is that the standard amount to remove?
He took off more than what was probably necessary but I doubt it matters. The way I did mine was with the arm/balljoint atttached and just adjusting it to all the caster positions on the max negative camber position. If it touched, grind it off, repeat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't quite get the cutting thing - isn't the whole idea of aftermarket UAC to prevent it from touching the coil bucket?

·
on line
221 Posts
I don't quite get the cutting thing - isn't the whole idea of aftermarket UAC to prevent it from touching the coil bucket?
Yeah, in theory. With this design the UCA itself clears, but the ball joint boot will contact, especially as it compresses and gets wider. So the grinding is to keep you from tearing the boot and having to replace.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In reality it’s not that much, maybe a centimeter or less. Once you bolt it all up you’ll understand. You could use a small grinder or cutting disc, even drill sander, and highly recommend touching it up with paint when done. Actually I paint the entire underside of all my cars living by the sea.

·
Registered
554 Posts
In reality it’s not that much, maybe a centimeter or less. Once you bolt it all up you’ll understand. You could use a small grinder or cutting disc, even drill sander, and highly recommend touching it up with paint when done. Actually I paint the entire underside of all my cars living by the sea.
I did mine with a die grinder. It really sounds worse than it is.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts