Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Go to Regal Nissan in Roswell GA. They did my Nisstec 2" lift. They sponsor Windrock.

https://wentwindrock.com/sponsors
Man I don't know how I never thought to ask them about it, I had them do my timing chains like 6 months ago :facepalm: . They are one of the few dealerships I'll go to, they've always given me great service. Any idea how much they charge?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Man I don't know how I never thought to ask them about it, I had them do my timing chains like 6 months ago :facepalm: . They are one of the few dealerships I'll go to, they've always given me great service. Any idea how much they charge?
I'm not sure about that particular Dealership, but Somersworth Nissan (NH) charged me $89.95 to align with SPC's. They handle alignments for Torq Offroad across the street so they were more than aware with doing a more complex job.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Man I don't know how I never thought to ask them about it, I had them do my timing chains like 6 months ago :facepalm: . They are one of the few dealerships I'll go to, they've always given me great service. Any idea how much they charge?[/QUOTE

Not sure about the charges. When I go up there I deal with Aaron Skipper. Its time for the new UCAs.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Man I don't know how I never thought to ask them about it, I had them do my timing chains like 6 months ago :facepalm: . They are one of the few dealerships I'll go to, they've always given me great service. Any idea how much they charge?[/QUOTE

Not sure about the charges. When I go up there I deal with Aaron Skipper. Its time for the new UCAs.
Hey do you have his email? I just called them and talked to two different women who had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I asked about their capability of adjusting the UCA/LCA's for the alignment. The last one started talking about a $130 diagnosis fee to determine whats wrong and replace it lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey, anyone have a part number on Rock Auto for the drivers side bolt to cut (I’m 2005), can’t find it. Also, did anyone see the special SPC grease there?
I think I’m going to order these, the CBC drives me nuts. Been trying to get prg to sell me some UCA for over a month.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey, anyone have a part number on Rock Auto for the drivers side bolt to cut (I’m 2005), can’t find it. Also, did anyone see the special SPC grease there?
I think I’m going to order these, the CBC drives me nuts. Been trying to get prg to sell me some UCA for over a month.
When I bought the Mevotech / SPC's from Rock Auto about 2 months ago they came with replacement bolts. They also came with grease packets for lubing the bushings but NOT for greasing the ball joints (filling the boots)

The grease isn't special. Just NLGi #2, Grade LB with 3%-5% Molybdenum Disulfide grease as per the manufacturers specs. http://www.spcalignment.com/instructions/25540-INS_WEB.pdf

They have a tech line 1-800-525-6505 (SPC)..if you want to call them and confirm they are still including the bolts...but I'm confident they are.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I bought the Mevotech / SPC's from Rock Auto about 2 months ago they came with replacement bolts. They also came with grease packets for lubing the bushings but NOT for greasing the ball joints (filling the boots)

The grease isn't special. Just NLGi #2, Grade LB with 3%-5% Molybdenum Disulfide grease as per the manufacturers specs. http://www.spcalignment.com/instructions/25540-INS_WEB.pdf

They have a tech line 1-800-525-6505 (SPC)..if you want to call them and confirm they are still including the bolts...but I'm confident they are.
Oh boy that is really useful information, thanks! They don’t show that in the photos or description. I think I’ll call just to verify too. And ball grease local then. Here we go, third time in the shop.... ?

Hey by the way TurboChris, is that your avatar due to a turbo install on the Xterra?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just ordered my Mevotech upper control arms, $400.89 to my freight forwarder in Miami! Can’t wait! Of course with shipping and taxes it’s stupid expensive importing some things, but that’s the price for living here.
I gave PRG a week to the hour to respond to an email, since he previously told me he would sell me some SPC UCA at a discount, but that’s not going to happen.
I hope this fixes the issues with the lift. Expensive $600 just to get rid of some clanking noises. I know there’s some improvement in wheel travel, so that’s cool.
In the end, with stock size tires, I would have much preferred the 1.5/2” lift I ordered vs the 2/2.5” I received. But I’m used to it now, doesn’t look too bad.

Anyone here decide to install bump stops?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Installed! Just a quick update. This thread, along with the original SPC install tips helped a lot. The mechanic was able to make the coil bucket cuts look almost factory. My UCA did not come with the drivers side bolt so we just temporarily disconnected the steering part there, though now my steering wheel is off a hair even with them marking it. I’ll go back and get that fixed as soon as my wheel spacers get in, I think it’s quick. The UCA look cool, aligned well (they used the 1° ball joint setting I believe), and totally eliminate the annoying noises. The first thing I did when leaving the shop was run straight up a steep bump leaving the parking lot that would normally cause CBC, not there, that put a grin on my face.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damn Wetfeet. That is allot of coil buck to remove. Is that the standard amount to remove?

61 - 80 of 86 Posts