Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's where I'm at now except with 5100's also, what size spacer did you have?
I did a ready lift kit which was between 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 on the stock pro4 suspension.
This time I went the Rancho route all the way around and made my own custom 1 inch spacer from the previously installed ready lift spacer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I did a ready lift kit which was between 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 on the stock pro4 suspension.
This time I went the Rancho route all the way around and made my own custom 1 inch spacer from the previously installed ready lift spacer.

I just placed the order for them, hopefully I'll have them installed by this time next week! I never thought I would end up getting the expensive UCA's but the coil bucket contact on a 3 inch lift beat it into me in about a week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got them put in yesterday and so far so good. Going to Firestone today for alligaiment. Anyone who gets these mevotech you have to order a new mounting bolt ( M14x1.50x80MM)for the driver side. You will need a side grader to trim coil bucket (don't forget to spray paint the bare metal)and a sawzall to cut bolt head off. These are spc uca but they don't come with a replacement bolt, atleast that's how mine were.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Got them put in yesterday and so far so good. Going to Firestone today for alligaiment. Anyone who gets these mevotech you have to order a new mounting bolt ( M14x1.50x80MM)for the driver side. You will need a side grader to trim coil bucket (don't forget to spray paint the bare metal)and a sawzall to cut bolt head off. These are spc uca but they don't come with a replacement bolt, atleast that's how mine were.
No you don't need to order a new bolt, all you do is loosen the pinch boot on the steering shaft. Then wiggle and pull the steering shaft up until the bolt comes out. Easy peasy!
And what did you use a side grader for? You should have zero contact because the truck is not aligned.
Also make sure you installed the left and the right on the correct side.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The last time I replaced the UCA's I was actually able to get the bolt out without cutting it or removing the steering. I put a thick towel around the steering boot to protect it and just kept gently prying and rotating the bolt until it came out. That said it's probably a hundred times faster to just cut the bolt. How much did you need to remove from the bucket, the usual quarter inch?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether or not these ship with any grease in the ball joint?
If they are the SPC ball joints, the answer is no.
They are SPC, thanks for the info I'll have to pick that up tonight before installing. I was wondering why they felt so dry. The instructions say 10 pumps but what am I after? Just until the boot is full?

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
SPC's don't?
No, the SPC greasable ball joints do not come with grease already in them. The introductions clearly spec the grease you need and how many pumps to put in and when.
idk how i missed it with the titan ones i put on a few days ago, will be greasing tonight thanks!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I installed these last night and set the caster to +2 degrees (I guessed but it ended up being perfect since I lost all previous caster with the lift install). The ride is unbelievable now, front fender height at 37" and it rides better now than it did stock, these are seriously worth every penny!

The install went pretty easy, my only complaint was with the grinding on the coil bucket, the steel grinding bits I bought at Lowe's went dull pretty quick and the vibration just about rattled my teeth out but I got the job done with two of them.

The install instructions said to slide the balljoint to the midpoint on the arm and tighten. I set mine to all the way in so I could check for clearance on the boot but ended up leaving it that way, will that cause any problems?

·
TNX Veteran
4,178 Posts
Ah ok, that works. Do you know what the slide adjustment vs the rotation of the balljoint is? Are they both caster?
If you are running stock width SPC UCA's, the sliding in and out of the ball joint in the slot on the UCA adjusts camber, if you rotate the star type washer and rotate the ball joint it adjusts caster.

It's the opposite on the Titan length SPC UCA's, because the slot in the UCA runs perpendicular.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts