Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All - I installed the mevotech UCA's (More Information for MEVOTECH CMS301141) a couple months ago (ground down the coil buckets, went to firestone for my lifetime alignment, etc.) I'm leaking grease out of both bushings and I can't figure out why. Thought I might have overfilled them, so a week ago I just cleaned 'em up and didn't top them off, but the attached photo is how they look today. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
73 Posts
My SPCs are doing that and I overfilled mine. There is a retaining clip that you might want to check, it might have come unseated. Also the new boots aren't that expensive if you just want to change them out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My SPCs are doing that and I overfilled mine. There is a retaining clip that you might want to check, it might have come unseated. Also the new boots aren't that expensive if you just want to change them out.

Thanks daking, Ill check the retaining clips again in the AM but they appeared to be ok a couple weeks ago. What is a good way of telling if you have enough grease left in the boot? I'm sure its not a perfect science...

·
Registered
224 Posts
They may still be overfilled. If you slightly squeeze the boot, does more grease leak out? For what it's worth, I don't think it's a big deal if a little grease squirts out. Just wipe it off so it doesn't collect dirt.

Checking the retaining clip as daking said is worth doing too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yea it's not an exact science. I replaced my rear ujoint and decided to regrease my UCAs early so they would be on the same schedule. I have been wiping the excess off since.

You could always take the boots off, clean out the grease and refill with the 5-10 pumps they recommend. For what it's worth, they don't look torn or anything.

Whatever you do, just make sure you clean them off so the grease doesn't get all over your wheels and mess anything up.

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
69 Posts
yeah just wipe them and spin 180 to make sure the other side isnt damaged. new boots were like 15 on amazon from SPC directly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts