Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to say that there's not enough pics of Metallic Blue Xterras on this forum?

Is it because not a lot of members like this color or is it just hard to get when buying?

This goes the same for the streets as well. I don't think I've ever seen a Metallic Blue Xterra driving on the road before... ever! Even at the Nissan dealer when I visited last week, there were no Metallics in stock.. what the heck?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Special" colors tend to be in short production so Nissan can try to sell them for more. See also: Metallic Green, Canteen Green, Midnight Blue, Granite, Solar Yellow...
You sure? I got the same quote for Super Black and Metallic Blue when I inquired about the Xterra.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Well, in any case, Nissan can make Xterras in any colors and quantities that they wish, but they don't. You can even see here on the forum that the majority of Xterras are white, black, silver, or Night Armor.

The other half of that reasoning is that marketing has told them that neutral/boring colors always sell, while bright colors might not. Black never goes out of fashion.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I have the metallic green- cost the same as it would in any color- Would only buy green or white. Have only seen three or four others in person Nissan is realy lame with their color palette- black red, gray are not right for a truck or suv. I Dont blue blue vehicles so I'm not excited about it. I think the issue is that Nissan doesnt care about customers and will offer limited choices as long as people will settle for them.

"Special" colors tend to be in short production so Nissan can try to sell them for more. See also: Metallic Green, Canteen Green, Midnight Blue, Granite, Solar Yellow...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Blue and Green vehicles are far less popular overall than the more traditional black/white/tan cars. That alone will make for less production and fewer seen around. What I'd like to see less of is mfg limiting color choices based on options. For example, if you look at the new BMW 4 series, the Premium package has several color choices that you cannot get if you choose the Sport or M-Sport packages (which are also more expensive).

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Not just BMW - even the Xterra's "special colors" were limited to certain trims (usually OR/PRO4X and SE but occasionally S). I believe that the 2013 MT PRO-4Xs are available in only black or white!

Recently I read somewhere that someone wanted to order an X in a custom color that Nissan used on another vehicle (Altima I belive) but they were not able to fulfill the request. I'll bet that the available custom palette would be limited to the factory that made the X (so thusly, you could conceivably ask for a color used on a Titan, Frontier, 3rd gen Pathfinder, or Armada but not the colors used on an Altima or Juke). That way the factory doesn't have to deal with getting a specific few gallons of paint shipped somewhere to be used once.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a metallic blue. I have only seen one other xterra in the same color (not counting dealer lots, even then I have not seen many). I like having a car in a color that I don't see at every other red light.

I'm sure a lot of it is market research telling Nissan that certain colors sell better, I think silver is still the number one car color in the US. depending on where you live, different colors are more popular in different regions too.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
If I had a choice in color when I got mine, I would have gotten a Metallic Blue.

As it was, I found my X slightly used with every feature I wanted, and the black looks great, so I got it. But given the option up front to pick my own color, blue it would be.

At least my Bronco is a flavor of Metallic Blue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a metallic blue Pro-4X and I love it. I've actually had a couple random people compliment the color. I agree with dforlenza. I like having a color that stands out on the road. There's a few blue X's around me. I think I've seen at least 3 different ones.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You two guys that have the Metallic Blue X, thank goodness you don't live in Cali or else I won't be the only one with the Metallic Blue X around that I'll be getting soon :iconbiggrin:

Please don't move here! :blackeye:

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
i really wanted the metallic blue, the green or lava red but couldnt find any within a couple hundred miles, wanting a manual trans more than the right color limited my search. so i settled for the backup color of night armor, didnt want white or black, which were my only other choices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts