Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: I'm finally setting up my build thread.

The goal is a nice lil adventure rig, nothing too crazy or extreme, just some weekend off-road camping maybe some dunes on the Cape.

I myself am in Accounts Receivable, no mechanical or body background, the old man however was a mechanic and body man he's retired now so he's like always available with knowledge and a crap ton o' tools, (could do w/o the inclined driveway!!)

Between this site, Ry the Car Guy on YouTube and the old man there's not much we shouldn't be able to do on our own.

Username: MeHere!

Make: Nissan
Year: 2010
Model: XTerra
Trim: X
Color: Midnight Armor

MODS

Electrical:
Lights
40” Light Bar
Roof - Purchased
20-30” Light Bar
Rear basket
6 Spots
2 Side Basket, 2 Grill
Speakers
Radio – Completed
Back up Cam – Purchased
Power Inverter
Rear cargo hold mount
Horn – Wish Listed
Dual Battery Set up - Wish Listed
Digital Volt Meter – Purchased
Empty spot above power outlet
Interior LED’s – Installed
On Board Air - Wish Listed
Wheel well mount

Body/Chassis:
Old Man Emu Kit – Installed
Tires AT General Grabbers
Rear Bumper
Maxterra
Tire Carrier
Jerry Can Carrier
Front Bumper
Winch Mount
Brakes - Completed
Roof Drop-In Basket
Homemade
Retractable Awning
Shower
Bedliner Bumper Guards
Bedliner Paint Job - Wish Listed
Grey/black/red
Stealth Wheels - Completed
Rock Sliders – Rocky Mountain Purchased
Skid Plates
Wind Guards
In-Track
XDS
XTerrra Drawer System
Tool Draw
Storage
Stowage
Rocker Switches
USB
Winch

Overhead Console:
Wooden
Garmin InReach
Video Mount - Wish Listed
CB Radio - Wish Listed
Stowage
Rocker Switch Panel - Wish Listed
6 Gang
Xterra Specific Rockers
LED Bar – Purchased
Grille Bar - Wish Listed
Side Lights - Wish Listed

Road Gear:
Hi-lift Jack
Rack Mount
Tire Kit
Winch Kit
Shovel
Rack Mount
MaxTrax Wish Listed
Rack Mount
Axe – Purchased
Fire Extinguisher - Wish Listed
Jerry Cans
Rear Bumper Mount

Campsite Gear:
Chuck Box
First-Aid Kit - Wish Listed
Thrasharoo - Wish Listed
Tent
Chairs
Tables
Clothes Line

Fun Stuff:
GoPro - Wish Listed
Drone - Purchased
RC Truck – Purchased
Games

Comments: Anywho, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

PHOTOS
|

Attachments

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, also installed Off Road Gorilla hood struts and replaced the rear hatch struts (thank God I am no longer banging my dome!)

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
TY Sir!!!

Spent last night working on the overhead console project, I now have the headliner outlined and traced onto poster board. Next up make a decision on a CB so I can get the dimensions, am thinking about the Cobra 29LX, anyone have this one and thoughts?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You gotta love the curves of our headliners...this is the front section, reaches to just past the last big "bump"

Now to find a CB that I like that'll fit in there, still deciding if I can keep the current map lights or have to switch them out for CB clearance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Super Duper weekend ahead...said with just a touch of sarcasm...replacing the heater core and O2 sensor, am debating on the LED dash Mod since the entire dash is coming apart....

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Super Duper weekend ahead...said with just a touch of sarcasm...replacing the heater core and O2 sensor, am debating on the LED dash Mod since the entire dash is coming apart....
Speaking as someone who just finished doing the LED mod I'd vote don't do it with this other stuff and wait until you have a clear weekend where you can focus on just it.

None of the stuff you have to remove to get the cluster out is difficult or time consuming, takes under 10 min. I just know with that heater core replacement you'll have stuff everywhere to keep track of and trying to switch from that to something delicate like the cluster leds will prob lead to frustration from not doing as good of a job on it as you want to.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speaking as someone who just finished doing the LED mod I'd vote don't do it with this other stuff and wait until you have a clear weekend where you can focus on just it.

None of the stuff you have to remove to get the cluster out is difficult or time consuming, takes under 10 min. I just know with that heater core replacement you'll have stuff everywhere to keep track of and trying to switch from that to something delicate like the cluster leds will prob lead to frustration from not doing as good of a job on it as you want to.

Yeah I am now re-thinking this, one of those should I do it while I have it open, but yeah you're right I'm going to have my hands full...wish I could find a good how to on pulling the dash down for access to the core

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Yeah I am now re-thinking this, one of those should I do it while I have it open, but yeah you're right I'm going to have my hands full...wish I could find a good how to on pulling the dash down for access to the core
The FSM has pretty good documentation on removal of all the stuff, I took screenshots of some stuff that should be helpful here.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The FSM has pretty good documentation on removal of all the stuff, I took screenshots of some stuff that should be helpful here.
Dude thanks!! You are the man, this forum man... this freaking forum love it!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts