Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not been able to go out wheeling in well over a year. And well I am dying to go as my normal wheeling partner moved to VT (XterraJoe2010), and some other personal issues. So with that being said I am planning on checking out my old stomping grounds in the Springfield MA area. If you want to go just post up here. I dont know how often I will be able to check in on here though as I work 8 days a week.

The meet up location has yet to be determined but plan on meeting up at 0900 with us leaving for the trail head at 0930 sharp. I can only be out till about 1630 as I have to work at 1800 that night.

If you have any questions let me know.

RENDEZVOUS LOCATION
Stop And Shop Plaza 935 Riverdale St West Springfield MA
Meet time:0900
Leave for trail: 0930 sharp

ATTENDING
Ripper
BlackoutV
BlackoutV's buddy
Westracing01
TKX
ThePlasticeOne (possibly)
DirtySocks (From NEXterra)
Al_nightArmor

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where did Joe move to in VT??? Sorry I can't come out this weekend. Soon though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Jay Peak area and not a big deal. I dont have much time off right now so I picked that date as I only have to work from 1800 to 0300

·
TNX Administrator
20,205 Posts
Whaoooo.... Long time no hear. How have you been, OK I hope - Welcome back to Xterraland!!

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whaoooo.... Long time no hear. How have you been, OK I hope - Welcome back to Xterraland!!
Things are much better, thanks. Had some serious personal issues going on for a while and I had to take care of them, nothing life threatening, just needed to get my chit together and get over some other things. Went to school this past winter and started down a new career path, which that takes up much of my time. I plan on being on here as much as I can.

I am actually excited about my X, wheeling, and being active on the boards again. It has been neglected and needs some things, but I cant wait to get dirty working on it and wheeling again.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Might be going out of town this weekend, but if that falls apart then I might be down for this. What's the terrain like? Regular old fire roads or what?

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's looking more and more like I'll be showing up with my girlfriend. She's never gone and when I mentioned it she was real excited... More than I thought she'd be.

Any particular spot for the rendezvous within the Riverdale Shops plaza?

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the terrain like? Regular old fire roads or what?
Its a mixed bag from mild to mildly wild. Rocks, roots, small water crossings, some mud, the normal stuff. Your Fronty is more than capable. As with all wheeling you should expect run ins with rocks, pinstriping and whatnot. Ive never incurred serious damage, just a couple of small dents from sections that have go arounds.

It's looking more and more like I'll be showing up with my girlfriend. She's never gone and when I mentioned it she was real excited... More than I thought she'd be.

Any particular spot for the rendezvous within the Riverdale Shops plaza?
Awesome man! Absolutely bring her along, there are some great views of the Pioneer and CT River valley.

I forgot to post that. The OP now reflects that. But we should meet up in the Stop And Shop parking lot, closer to Carrabas and KFC.

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ran these trails over a year ago basically stock minus 33" bfg at's and I didnt have any problems. You should be fine.
These are different trails. These are much better and a little more challenging. Nothing that is out of control though.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sweet. Yep, we're in. Pulling out of CT around 6:45 or so Sunday morning which should put is there right around 8:30-9AM depending on stops on the way. Looking forward to it!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts