Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone on TNX! I've noticed quite a few members joining recently in addition to the many longtime members in the denver/ colorado/ rocky moutain area.

How about we set up some sort of TNX meetup this summer(2019) say June/ July/ august?

Nothing crazy, maybe meet at some mountain town, run a trail or two, then grab some grub somewhere.

What'd ya say? any takers? any suggestions as to where/ when?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hey there everyone on TNX! I've noticed quite a few members joining recently in addition to the many longtime members in the denver/ colorado/ rocky moutain area.

How about we set up some sort of TNX meetup this summer(2019) say June/ July/ august?

Nothing crazy, maybe meet at some mountain town, run a trail or two, then grab some grub somewhere.

What'd ya say? any takers? any suggestions as to where/ when?

Sounds like a good idea, get ahold of the NORAC crew and see what can be put together as a group.. I’m not sure how many of the NORAC crew are on here anymore.
Bill

·
TNX Senior Member
417 Posts
I’m am definitely interested. It is looking to be a late year for trail openings so July or later would probably be best. I am open to anything but red cone to montezuma over to Keystone just popped into my head.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Following to see what dates you come up with. I am probably still stock for this summer. What kind if trail were you thinking?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Following to see what dates you come up with. I am probably still stock for this summer. What kind if trail were you thinking?
Im also not far from stock really, so I try to keep it fun but relatively easy, no one likes breaking stuff! well, I dont at least lol.

I wouldnt mind getting it a little dirty with some mud, its usually so dry here its just dust.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Glad to see the engagement on this, somehow I haven't seen this thread pop up on the "new posts" section which is where I usually check.

I'll try to be better at keeping an eye on it. Sounds like its leaning towards late july/ early august. I hope to get out on my own before then and can maybe give an update on the status of some trails.

Since I, and im assuming most of us are in the denver metro/ front range area I think it'd be best to keep it within a few hours of the front range.

Why dont we start trying to narrow down some trails and then we can plan dates from there?

So far we've got suggestions for:

Alpine pass / engineer pass -Epic, but pretty far out west

red cone- I like the location and it looks like it would be fun

Feel free to chime in with some trail suggestions that might be a good fit!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Glad to see the engagement on this, somehow I haven't seen this thread pop up on the "new posts" section which is where I usually check.

I'll try to be better at keeping an eye on it. Sounds like its leaning towards late july/ early august. I hope to get out on my own before then and can maybe give an update on the status of some trails.

Since I, and im assuming most of us are in the denver metro/ front range area I think it'd be best to keep it within a few hours of the front range.

Why dont we start trying to narrow down some trails and then we can plan dates from there?

Alpine pass / engineer pass (pretty far out west)

red cone

Montezuma

Tincup, Cumberland, Old Monarch Passes.

Mosquito and Weston Passes.

·
TNX Senior Member
417 Posts
It looks like some of those interested are stock. With that said I think we should base the trail selection off of stock capability. Red cone is definitely a bit much for a stock rig. I would think most stock rigs would be okay with the Yankee Hill network of trails. There are a few rocky parts but for the most part it’s pretty mellow. I will try and check it out this week and see how it looks, trails out here tend to change from year to year.

·
TNX Senior Member
417 Posts

Alpine pass / engineer pass (pretty far out west)

red cone

Montezuma

Tincup, Cumberland, Old Monarch Passes.

Mosquito and Weston Passes.
All of these are good options for stock rigs as well.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Stock vehicles can easily do Green and many Blue, and even some Red trails in the Funtreks Books. We took a stock vehicle over Tomichi Pass before it was closed and never had a problem.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
About this Discussion
149 Replies
24 Participants
B_Roll_Offroad
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing