Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
on line
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone looks like the majority would like to go over labor day weekend. I say we meet on Saturday about 9:30am, since it is a long drive for everyone.

Meet at the North entrance, which is where you take Hwy/Route 69 from Westcliff and head south about 23 miles and turn right on rd 559

There are 2 nearby trails, one is rate a 7/8 and the other is a 3/4, maybe just have a chillin day/weekend exploring and having a decent relaxing lunch.

Yes:
MB-XTERRA06-Maybe.... having some personal issues and may not go
XORRO
MADMIKE

Maybe:
ATL Xterra
Klainmeister
Truffles
The SS Boz

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
I should be available and ill definitely love to camp there, never been that way camping

·
on line
4,196 Posts
Just a bump on this. I'm still contemplating this run. I'm in favor of doing it as planned. "Fall colors" also means snow is possible which could pre-empt it. Are there any "bathroom" facilities in the camping areas? Just trying to plan on what stuff to bring...:eek:

·
on line
22,508 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Sub'd, I'll think about it too.

I took my soon to be fiance up there for our first date. First week of October and got 8" snow on the drive. Man it was spooky at night drivin through that.

Anyone got air? They have a system on your way outta the park but not if you come out the Huerfano side.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Really want to see this area, bout the last spot in CO I haven't explored. I however can't do this until labor day weekend or after. I will keep and eye on this thread.

·
on line
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well lets do the Holiday weekend then,that actually works better for us as I need that weekend to get caleb ready for kindergarten. Most likely saturday wheelin and then camp overnight. Im sure it will be busy though....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Where are you guys thinking about camping? Along the trail somewhere I assume? Is there good camping along the trail? I'm very interested in going as long as its a weekend we can go and people are camping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
4,196 Posts
If this is now on 8/31 then I may post up another run for 8/24. I'll have to see if camping is an option for me with the date change...I may have to make the drive home afterwards.

·
on line
4,196 Posts
Bump on this.
Also, is adding Hayden Pass to the agenda of interest to anyone? Funtreks shows Medano Pass as @ 2-3 hours & Hayden as @2, with the drive up there adding @1.5. I may still have to drive home after this, but I think it's a doable loop in a day. I've never done either, & this would knock 'em both off my bucket list...thoughts?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts