Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[MBR] 2007 Xterra Off Road ~ $2999.00 - [Loc: CTR Barnstead, NH]

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  xterraoffroad2007 
#1 · (Edited)
Vehicle no longer posted.

Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will not be responding to posts. Please contact me through the means provided by craigslist.

Price 2999.00 OBO
Pickup in person only. No checks, etc. by mail.

More info and pictures available through the link below.

2007 Xterra Off Road - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...
For the hell out of it, I looked. Potential buyers: beware of a potential timing chain issue.
You know, I was never sure if this model month, year, manufacture location, etc. was effected by this issue. But, as of 156034 miles, i became to think it may not have this issue. Looking to match a VIN to the issue... But, still looking. Correction, milage may not matter.

Discussion starter · #5 · (Edited)
Our 2006 Xterra does not have the timing chain issue (sliders, guides) yet... but the early 2nd generation X models did.

If I was a potential buyer, I would first have an independent mechanic do a full mechanical and safety check of the vehicle.

If there is indeed an issue with the timing chain, then it is question of whether the buyer can cost-effectively make that repair. A number of posters on this forum are likely capable of doing a cost-effective repair.

Yes, I listened to a few youtube video about three years a go on the noise it possibly makes, before the chain brakes. That noise i mentioned may in the ad may not be it and it's being sold as is, on the spot. Other words, it's no longer registered and inspected. If i find a VIN specific for the issue, then i will post it. For now, it's as is. With potential warning of timing guide issue being advised as potentially possible at some point as mentioned in the members post above.

Update: I always thought the timming chain was on the back of the engine. So, that noise in cold weather mentioned in the ad is a potential possibility. Have to do more research to find out if the noise goes and comes, etc. by way of the changing of the seasons. Just a note, You can spray water in the engine bay and the noise may come back. At least that was the way it was this winter. That may sugest against that possibility. Plus, i am under the assumption the noise from the guide and chain was static, once warn. Please correct me if wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.