Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on purchasing the MB Predators in the 16x8 size. I am mounting 33x11.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers on them. My question is should I order them in a 25mm or 12mm offset? They are available in both if you know where to look. What is the offset on the factory wheels?

·
on line
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
usmc xterra said:
I don't think that tire size is a good idea.
Really? Its actually almost identical to the 285's everyone has put on there Xs. Actual dimension of the tire is ~ 33x11.6 on an 8" rim. I'll get ahold of dragonplayboy though. Thanks MC.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Man I'm trying to scare you off it. It seems weird, but size don't matter as much as real fit. If that makes sense. I hate to see you have to wrestle it and have a bad experience. If you really want to do it, I know it will look really cool.... but you have to have that tire mounted on a rim and actually try it JUST ONE On the front Right side of the X. If it fits there, with just the MC MOLD MOD And don't rub on full turns, Jacked all the way stuffed and extended all the way down. Then you will be ok. But you know you won't be able to fit on a set of chains and MPG will suffer from 2 to 4 MPG. If it's a mail order, explain your dilemma and have em mail you one rim only. This is my story I am sticking to it and some people will back me. I have no Idea on the offset But I am inclined to advise the lower numbered one, try to stick close to factory or it will stick out too far and rub everything! This is my last Public word on this. Flame proof suit on until 2am. MC

·
on line
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey no problem MC. You are very experienced with these vehicles and I respect your opinion. I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to trimming the front wheel well to squeeze in an oversize tire, I did it on my '98 Frontier and '03 X. Would you happen to know the factory rim's offset or backspacing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts