Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comes up when I enter vehicle info for a 06 4x4. Current special of $95.00 per wheel.

I called them to confirm that these will work and spoke with Ed at extension 422 if anyone wants to call him for further info.

They guarantee direct fitment on these. No spacers needed, etc etc.

He also quoted me a wheel/tire package with the Nitto Mudgrapplers in a 33x11.5 for $1300.00

Free shipping.

I'm really thinking of ordering them. I don't think it's a bad looking wheel IMO.



http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?mk=&yr=2006&wd=16&pc=62485&rw=8&bp=6-114.3&vid=009894
 

·
on line
Joined
·
239 Posts
There's already pics of those wheels on Xterras on this site and XOC. Those wheels have been discussed several times. That's a good price. They were $130 a few weeks ago.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search and nothing came up. Dunno...

I'll search again because I would like to see pics of them on a Xterra.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
830 Posts
knaffie said:
There's already pics of those wheels on Xterras on this site and XOC. Those wheels have been discussed several times. That's a good price. They were $130 a few weeks ago.
your th8inking the Gunner 6. these are a different wheel.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These wheels are now going for 86.00 if anyone was interested in them.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,217 Posts
Did you get them??
 

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, not yet. I'm not going to do cosmetic mods before functional mods.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
240 Posts
I'm so itching to get these! But I'd kinda like to have the Gunner 6 wheels, and I don't think they have any that fit though?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,484 Posts
I might get these then. Dag! I hate to be the guiney pig again!
I like the deep dish to them, keep the rocks off, I tore the crap out of my flat faced stock rims.. That was a bad Idea Nissan!
But it says for tire size 285 70 16 I think mine are 285 75 16 Wonder what the diff is on that? I think it won't matter but I hate to return things.
MC
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Given a 285/75R 16" tire:

The 75 is the aspect ratio(AR)... it is a percentage of the width.
Sidewall height is 75% of 285mm.

So the 70R is not quite as tall as the 75R.

AR (70/75/85 etc) doesn't play as much of a role in rim width as track width (265/285 etc) does.

Hope that makes sense.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't beat the price on them IMO. Total cost is what it would be to get my stockers powder coated.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,262 Posts
When i get back from my business trip, i will go check them out. we have like a hundred discount tire stores here in houston. I dont think i will buy them but i will get them mounted to see if they fit (especially in the front).
 

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
S_e_X-Terra said:
When i get back from my business trip, i will go check them out. we have like a hundred discount tire stores here in houston. I dont think i will buy them but i will get them mounted to see if they fit (especially in the front).
That would be cool if you could do that.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,484 Posts
Even cooler, I went ahead and ordered them, I been waiting for a long long time for wheels to come out sized for my tires (8" wide rim) So I ordered them and My NISSAN dealer has a gazillion dollar Forced balancing machine, he will mount and force balance for me. It says they fit, I sure as hell hope they will fit, WITH the air sensors intact! I had to order the hardware kit for an extra 45 bucks, special nuts, I said I already have perfectly good nuts! Can't argue with the price, If they work, I'll order a second set of five for the street tires.

They also list these, http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?mk=&yr=2005&wd=16&pc=59902&rw=8&bp=6-114.3&vid=009895
They look cool and they are BLACK but on back order.


Now, someone sell me a set of factory air sensors cheap!

MC
 

·
on line
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
USMC XTERRA said:
Even cooler, I went ahead and ordered them, I been waiting for a long long time for wheels to come out sized for my tires (8" wide rim) So I ordered them and My NISSAN dealer has a gazillion dollar Forced balancing machine, he will mount and force balance for me. It says they fit, I sure as hell hope they will fit, WITH the air sensors intact! I had to order the hardware kit for an extra 45 bucks, special nuts, I said I already have perfectly good nuts! Can't argue with the price, If they work, I'll order a second set of five for the street tires.

They also list these, http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?mk=&yr=2005&wd=16&pc=59902&rw=8&bp=6-114.3&vid=009895
They look cool and they are BLACK but on back order.


Now, someone sell me a set of factory air sensors cheap!

MC
Dude.......you rock!

what put you off from the other wheels? The NASCAR decal?

That's what puts me off about those.

And wtf was the hardware kit? They said nothing about that when I talked to them.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,484 Posts
Act like you are really going to buy them, It will take you to a screen where they say you need the kit for a proper fit. You do, as some wheels the angle of the nut where it meets the wheel is different from factory. In that case, the lugs will go on but they will tear the crap out of the wheel in short order and may even come off, and soon to follow would be the wheel. So ordering the kit was a must. Pretty standard stuff when dealing with wheels. No spacer, I'm cool!

I could have done something to cover that NASCAR sticker. I like them wheels but the one's I ordered will look real nice on a Silver X like mine.
It's been a long wait for a wheel next size up. I sure hope they fit like they say they will. I hope they are about the same weight or lighter.

MC
 

·
on line
Joined
·
240 Posts
Anybody know if the Gunner 6's fit?
 
1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Top