• Front sway bar
  • A good amount of front fender

Coming Soon
  • Ford Raptor :)

The Story

The morning after I picked her up - Bone Stock June 2, 2011

Removed Mudflaps and Step Rails - August 2011

Stealthed Grille - August 2011

Spacers + AAL + Shackles (middle hole) + 285 Duratracs and Pro-Comps - October 2011

Shrock - March 2012

Titan Swapped - March 2012

ECXC12

Gobi Ranger Rack - November 2012

Custom Rear Bumper - March 2013

If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost

·
TNX Administrator
20,456 Posts
Nice start to a mighty fine Xterra Page, Xterra_Mayo.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My Xterra Story:

Well my first car was an 01 Mustang V6. I had a ball in that car and it never failed me after beating the living crap out of it throughout my senior year in high school. As I entered my first year in college driving that Mustang was just getting old, it felt to boyish for me and I decided it was time to move on.

Fast forward to January of 2011 I was looking at what SUV's or Trucks I could get because I loved off-roading. My choices came down to a Tacoma or the X. I always had a thing for the Xterra and after seeing way to many Tacoma's on the road and the high price tag on them the X was a clear choice; it was just want I wanted. After seeing the rigs thenewX.org I fell for the X even more.

As my second semester at URI ended in May I headed back to Lincoln (RI) and one of my old high school buddies committed to buying my Mustang off of me. So I was scrambling looking for Xterra's and then one day I logged onto thenewX and there was a posting for an 05 X Off-Road Knight Armor 6-speed w/ 96K for 9.5k right in Boston. I instantly PM'd him and found the ad on criagslist also. Within two days I drove up to Boston. Arriving I knew it was mine, it was everything I wanted including the color and the package. She was a 1 Owner and the previous owner treated her well. So I put a $500 deposit down. I talked the guy down to $8500 because I brought up the clutch probably being almost gone.

I took the Xterra into my hands on June 1st, 2011. It was my first manual car so I learned on the beat up clutch and eventually burnt it out 3 weeks later. All in all everything fell into the right place at the right time for me. Although I did want a little less miles on it, it was everything I wanted for about 6k less than a dealer would have charged me for a true OR w/ 80k. Plus miles doesn't mean a lot as long as you keep up with your maintenance.

The Old Girl

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad you appreciate it Surf, when i went to work the next day people looked at me like I had issues. :thumbup:
Its not issues, they're just jealous! Good looking truck

·
Registered
466 Posts
Like the way it looks on "recovering my buds" picture. I wold go to work with it looking like that too. Good looking truck!

1 - 20 of 260 Posts