Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted on the "other" forum but I thought I would post over here incase people don't read both (like me).

May 19th is a free day for Iron Range OHV park in Gilbert Minnesota. A few people from the XOC are planning on going up that weekend

I know there are a few guys on this forum are from Minnesota. If you are interested in trying it out this day would be best because it appears they are offering free entrance to the park. The park is NOT that expensive to go regular days (maybe $12 or around that much), but I guess you can't beat free.

I went up to this OHV park 3 weeks after I purchased my next gen Xterra and wheeled on the green or "easy" trails like Skull Road. The easy trails were no problem for a stock next gen Xterra. The moderate trails looked OK, but I would suggest rock sliders.

It looks like an organized group will be up there according to this post by Bubba.

The North Shore Wheelers are planning to have two guided trail rides at the park for the open house, with a brief presentation on Responsible Wheeling and Trail Safety. The two trail rides will be at 10 AM and 1 PM and will meet in the parking lot. For those that don't know on the 3rd Saturday in May every year the Park in Gilbert is open to the public to check out for free. This year that happens to be May 19th. We would welcome anyone to come and join in. Any help is appreciated and gladly accepted. We will be mainly sticking to the core roads and the not to touch sections of trails such as Skull Road. But if there are a few larger rigs that would like to check out some of the rest of the park we will have guides for them as well. We will also be stopping for demonstrations at a few places along the way like the gorge so people can see some of the tougher trails.
So if you live in Minnesota and are not going to Moab, this might be a fun thing to do.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
That sounds good to me. Would be within an hour of my house, just might be kinda hard to get up there on saturday. Might go on sunday if anyone is still around. As long as I've lived here, combined with the fact that I always have a trailworthy truck and also a built atv, really makes me ashamed that I have never been to Gilbert OHV park. John Galt, Lostboy, you in???

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have the shortest drive for sure. I will have to stay over night somewhere because it is a long drive back for me. Not sure if I will wheel on Sunday or not.

I when to college at UMD so I lived in Duluth for four years. I did not however have an Xterra while I was in college, and they opened the park after I graduated.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump. This event is coming up soon. A reminder for the Xterra owners that live in Minnesota.

No camping for us. My Dad and I are heading up on Friday night and we are staying at a hotel for the weekend. We will be driving back on Sunday not sure what time, it is a long drive for us to get back.

The guys on the other forum are talking about CBs and FRS radios. If you have one of the two bring it along to communicate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.