Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these tires? I sold my kayak, but I still only have ~$700 budget for 5 tires and these seem to fit into my price range.

i plan on getting 285/75/16.

Thanks.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I have heard that for a cheaper tire they last pretty good. A friend at work has them on his diesel. He said they are a little louder than his old Cooper SST's.

·
on line
807 Posts
I have only read 3 or 4 reviews on them, but they were all very positive. I will be getting a set soon aswell.

·
on line
41 Posts
Those exact tires are shipping to my door tommorow in a 285/35/16. let you know how they do.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
springsx said:
Those exact tires are shipping to my door tommorow in a 285/35/16. let you know how they do.
Awesome.

·
on line
830 Posts
springsx said:
Wow thats a small tire. Ur not gonna have much ground clearence with them thats for sure.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am thinking about switching to Maxxis tires when my BFG's die. They are about half as much and my brother seems to be getting good even wear on his buckshot mudders.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jwd270 said:
Who sells these tires on line? The closest dealership to me is in New Jersey...
I just called the place in NJ. They are just a warehouse.

If you call they will give you a local dealer number. Very helpful folks.

(201) 864-3370

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just called the local Maxxis dealer.

$163 per tire out the door.

Not that bad considering you buy the tire off ebay for $140 a piece then have to have them mounted and balanced.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In my every changing mind I think I may go with the Kumho MT's as they are ~$135 out the door, which will same me some more $$$.

I plan to use the tires mostly for OR.

·
on line
41 Posts
no one likes a smart as

Sorry the size is 235/85/16. Damn metric sizes. there 31.8 x 10.4 as far as im concerned.

·
on line
41 Posts
dont buy them from a dealer. There is a shop on ebay selling a set for around 500$ w/free shipping. Theyve been extremely professional thus far too.

·
on line
41 Posts
kokopop said:
In my every changing mind I think I may go with the Kumho MT's as they are ~$135 out the door, which will same me some more $$$.

I plan to use the tires mostly for OR.
I heard the Kumhos are a little hard for rocks. But I thought hard about them too. All the reviews are good.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
springsx said:
dont buy them from a dealer. There is a shop on ebay selling a set for around 500$ w/free shipping. Theyve been extremely professional thus far too.
IMO: It is easier for me to go to a dealer and have them install the tire, then order on Ebay and wait. Then find a place that will install the tire. Plus if there is an issue with the tire I can go to the tire dealer. I have never had a problem with either of the two tire guys I use.

·
on line
41 Posts
Got the tires

Got my bighorns thrown on today. They are 235/85/16. They seem to fit well. There not much bigger than stock once installed but you can tell a slight difference. A little wider and taller would still fit but I didnt want to push it. As far as noise goes you can notice them for sure, you do get the whirl affect as you speed up and slow down. It works for me because I spend about 40% of the time offroad and I rarely drive my X over 45mph as I live 4 miles from work. Plan to take them offroad on Saturday Ill take some pics and post some more info.

·
on line
186 Posts
Re: Got the tires

springsx said:
Got my bighorns thrown on today. They are 235/85/16. They seem to fit well. There not much bigger than stock once installed but you can tell a slight difference. A little wider and taller would still fit but I didnt want to push it. As far as noise goes you can notice them for sure, you do get the whirl affect as you speed up and slow down. It works for me because I spend about 40% of the time offroad and I rarely drive my X over 45mph as I live 4 miles from work. Plan to take them offroad on Saturday Ill take some pics and post some more info.
Are you sure they are 235's? By my calculations that makes them roughly 9.25 inches which is over and inch narrower than stock? I think you mean 255 but I could be wrong. It just seems really narrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts