Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order a Maxterra rear bumper (no tire carrier). Anyone order this with lights? If so, do you like them? have pics installed? I am torn whether or not to order the lights option. I know its a minor decision, but i can't make up my mind. Any advice or thoughts is appreciated.

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys planning on wiring to back up lights or putting a switch in for manual operation?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Do it. Saw it in person from a member who had one. Not much extra, looks cool, and is functional. He also had the LED backup lightbulb upgrade. I'd do both.

·
on line
236 Posts
got the lights and the upgraded LED for the trail. it is a nice upgrade Id recommend it

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the bumper on finally. One issue i hadn't thought of is that I never tow. There is a hole for the wiring harness plug. I just want to fill the hole, but would wire it up if its just as easy and cheap. Am i prewired for a harness? If not, what should i plug it with? blank receptacle cover?

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should be. Harness is located under the left bumper cap next to the frame. You can probably fit any 7-pin receptacle in the hole. Wiring it all up isn't too hard.

Alternatively, you could find a round LED light to fill it.
Already had his backup lights put int here. I wouldn't mind a fake plug/socket cover with a bottle opener behind it. Couldn't find anything like that on google tho. I never wanted a bottle opener on my trailer hitch (feel like its a cop magnet), but if it were behind a cover i would get it for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts