Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
1,188 Posts
Yep, that ubolt. One of the legs snapped off when it was being latched. Definely worthwhile to have a spare.
Oh ok Thank you man good to know !
I modified my slightly to have a spring loaded pin in it.. as well but will buy another one to have that extra ubolt on standby

· Registered
87 Posts
you talking about this ubolt ? how and where did it brake ? good thing they are cheap so if thats the case I might pick up another one.
I am using something similar. I transfered the larger ubolt from the latch that came with my bumper for the Destaco latch that was beefier and had spring loaded "safety." The smaller ubolt on the left was included with the Destaco. You can see some "biting" on the ubolt from about 6 months of everyday use but it looks to be only surface wear and hasn't progressed any further. I'd still trust it but a spare never hurts.
Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Finger Bumper

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
Yep, that ubolt. One of the legs snapped off when it was being latched. Definely worthwhile to have a spare.
Mine like this broke going down the road the other day. Daughter was behind me and started calling over the radio to me(we were running GMRS for a drive we were doing). I had to lasso it back shut for rest of trip home. Really wasn't a huge problem....just scary for those behind me. I threw on a spare(I had bought two at once)...and now its time to look at an upgrade this winter. I knew it was a weak link in my design. It was about 4 months old(bumper went on last spring...and this is 2nd one I had put on due to wear).

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
are sending me an invoice. Thank
i reached out as well, and was told $200 for folks who don't have their bumper. too bad, it looks like a nice upgrade. never met a company so resistant to taking my money.
Too bad. I was going to upgrade to it. I'll find something else. If someone finds the same thing...from a real supplier...let us know.

· Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra
80 Posts
$200 is what they came back with. I’ll respectfully decline.
I did the same. It was on the site for $100, so it felt like a slap in the face when they asked me for a few pictures (seriously at one point I thought the guy was gonna be like "now send me a picture of your feet on the latch"). Like shit dude just tell me you hate Nissan owners damn.

· Registered
322 Posts
I did the same. It was on the site for $100, so it felt like a slap in the face when they asked me for a few pictures (seriously at one point I thought the guy was gonna be like "now send me a picture of your feet on the latch"). Like shit dude just tell me you hate Nissan owners damn.
yeah, it's a little weird - prove to me you want to buy my latch. i had a little back-n-forth with him, and he said their cost is $100 and they sell them to their bumper customers at cost, probably because they had issues with the original latch. i told him i didn't expect it at cost, but i didn't expect it at 3X the soutco either, especially when the latch will already probably outlive the truck. doesn't sound like they have any interest in pricing it to sell.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts