Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm seriously over the moon and couldn't be happier. Just got back from my maXTERRA bumper and Gobi ladder install...from Dave "maXTERRA" himself!!!

I ordered my bumper in late October, and knew it would be a bit of a wait as it was clear this gentleman's products are highly sought after, and rightfully so...the quality is amazing.

After exhaustive research, I picked this bumper because I thought it looked the cleanest, and had certain features and little touches here and there that put it above the others.

I opted for the tire carrier version in semi-gloss Black powder coat, with protruding hitch, LED backup lights, and optional flag/antenna mount. No hi lift needed for me. I also got the optional LED tail light upgrade for the stock tail lights as well.

Dave was great, with impeccable communication throughout. When it got closer to the bumper being finished, I asked Dave if he would install it for me if I made the drive to his shop, and he said yes. He's about 7 hours away, and I like a good road trip as much as any - the bonus being it was cheaper to drive up and get it installed by him, than shipping costs to my location.

When the time came (which was yesterday) I found myself in a unique situation. Not only are things different with COVID-19 affecting our nation, but I'm just coming off a double spinal cervical fusion surgery, wearing a full neck brace and unable to drive. There was no way I was going to miss this appt, after patiently waiting for this day to arrive.

I had a buddy of mine drive me, and not only did Dave install the bumper, but for a very small charge, he installed the LED's in the stock tail lights, and also the Gobi ladder with new Gobi rear hatch struts I brought him. He even relocated my spare to the new tire carrier and removed my stock side steps since my lifting capabilities are severely limited during my recovery.

During the install, he took the time to explain his design and all the little special touches that make his bumper, well, special :)

It was a great experience and absolutely worth the wait, and ZERO rattles or noise on the 7 hour trip back home.

Just wanted to give a public thanks to Dave, for his outstanding professionalism and incredible products, and for making my day that much better :)

IMAG8924~3.jpg

IMAG8925~2.jpg

IMAG8927~3.jpg

:)

- Paul

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
730 Posts
Looks great, can't wait for mine. Dave is a class act. Hope you're on the mend soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
That looks great! I'm looking forward to getting this setup as well in the future. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there any way you could get a measurement for me? How far does the ladder stick out from the hatch? Does it break the vertical plane of the edge of the swing arm? I'm fabricating a fuel can carrier for my Shrockworks bumper, but the ladder hasn't arrived yet. Was going to try googling and just happened to see your post first. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any way you could get a measurement for me? How far does the ladder stick out from the hatch? Does it break the vertical plane of the edge of the swing arm? I'm fabricating a fuel can carrier for my Shrockworks bumper, but the ladder hasn't arrived yet. Was going to try googling and just happened to see your post first. Thanks
It doesn't brake the plane. Sent you a pic via PM :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts