Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
1,884 Posts
There is a whole section in your owners manual that can answer that question easier than me re-typing it here.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
But I think it's around 1100-1200 lbs. total load, which is nothing. 800lbs of something all in the luggage compartment has you probably about at specs--but I wouldn't worry about it short haul.

While we're on the topic, for anyone fairly new to the X, passengers, serious camping gear, and major recovery gear--not to mention food, extra fuel, other fluids and water puts you well over the recommended capacity. Especially Shrocked with a winch. Time to mod the suspension at that point. Make the X a real expedition machine and the limits of the stock suspension are far behind.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The Curb weight of the X is between 4200 and 4400lbs (. Take a look at the sticker inside the door to see what GVWR is. The difference is how much you can haul (this includes people and modifications).

·
on line
8 Posts
juntao said:
anyone know what the maximum weight I can pull in the trunk? I had loaded 800 lbs. of top soil and was worried about breaking something. thx
Here the exact numbers :geek: :

Cargo capacity (All seats in user positions): 991 lbs.

Cargo capacity (Second row folded flat): 1869 lbs.

Towing capacity: 5000 lbs.

·
on line
48 Posts
Diablo said:
Cargo capacity (All seats in user positions): 991 lbs.

Cargo capacity (Second row folded flat): 1869 lbs.

Towing capacity: 5000 lbs.
Umm... I think those numbers are for cubic feet, not lbs. I can't believe folding down the back seats would almost double your weight limit.

Edit: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0702_2006_nissan_xterra/

"If you put four adults and cargo in it, you can possibly reach or exceed the 930-pound passenger-plus-cargo weight limit."

·
on line
8 Posts

·
on line
3,285 Posts
I have an '06 XOR (Auto) and page 9-13 of my owners manual says total load limit is 1,400 lbs. Keep in mind this is TOTAL load limit, so you will need to subtract the weight of the people and equipment to get to the amount of weight you can load. This includes the tongue weight of a trailer.

If you have four 200lb. people and are towing a trailer with a 500lb. tongue weight, you will only have 100lbs. available for cargo.

For short trips, you will be fine loading 1,000 lbs. in your X, however, if you are going to routinely do this, I suggest getting an add-a-leaf (AAL). Personally, I have two extra leaves on each side, and I couldn't be happier. Now, I am only limited by the Gross Axle Weight Limit.

·
on line
8 Posts
AZ-Ted said:
I have an '06 XOR (Auto) and page 9-13 of my owners manual says total load limit is 1,400 lbs. Keep in mind this is TOTAL load limit, so you will need to subtract the weight of the people and equipment to get to the amount of weight you can load. This includes the tongue weight of a trailer.

If you have four 200lb. people and are towing a trailer with a 500lb. tongue weight, you will only have 100lbs. available for cargo.

For short trips, you will be fine loading 1,000 lbs. in your X, however, if you are going to routinely do this, I suggest getting an add-a-leaf (AAL). Personally, I have two extra leaves on each side, and I couldn't be happier. Now, I am only limited by the Gross Axle Weight Limit.
Exactly! :blackeye:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
You guys quoting page 9-13 are correct except for one point:

You are using thier example number. You need to go look at what it says on the door jam of your X.
From the manual:

Steps for determining correct load
limit
1. Locate the statement “The combined
weight of occupants and cargo
should never exceed XXX lbs� on
your vehicle’s placard.

My 2006 OR says 930 pounds.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Doesn't 930 pounds seem light? I mean with me and 3 of my friends in the car we are close to that weight, and none of us are even close to fat. I couldn't add a fifth person.

With 5 people they would all have to average 186lbs and no gear.

Hmmm.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
lostboy said:
Doesn't 930 pounds seem light? I mean with me and 3 of my friends in the car we are close to that weight, and none of us are even close to fat. I couldn't add a fifth person.

With 5 people they would all have to average 186lbs and no gear.

Hmmm.
And remember to take into account things like sliders/skids etc...

·
on line
500 Posts
I'm curious what load capacity I've gained by adding Timbren SES (F&R)? I'm guessing the X is now closer 1500 lbs total occupant and cargo capacity.

Just Guessing.
Patrick

·
on line
1,884 Posts
patrick07 said:
I'm curious what load capacity I've gained by adding Timbren SES (F&R)? I'm guessing the X is now closer 1500 lbs total occupant and cargo capacity.

Just Guessing.
Patrick
From Timbren's Site:

# Can I haul more weight on my truck if I install Timbren's SES kit?
# A. You cannot exceed the manufacturer's axle rating or GVW rating of the vehicle. A Timbren suspension enhancement system will greatly enhance the performance of a heavily-loaded vehicle. You can expect the vehicle to have reduced sag and improved roll stability.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
I forgot about the door sticker. The 930 lbs. is mentioned on the sticker that gives the original tire size and inflation pressure. Is the 930 lb. limit specifically for the "P-metric" tires? I have the BFG AT KOs which have a higher load rating than the stockers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts