Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
^^ Damn you beat me to my own post...

I want to do limb risers as I mentioned. Any good ideas without drilling holes? Eventually I'll weld some tabs on the hoops...
I'm hoping the offroad gorilla lightbar mount that Surf suggested will help me avoid drilling up top. I will drill into the headlight guard on my bumper but I'm sure you could just wrap the cable around that if you didn't want to drill there as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

PS: Are you gonna keep the red skid plate?

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I know it's possible, I just wish I had tabs welded to the hoops of the shrockworks bumper is all hehe, it would look really nice!

I also need to add a CB radio to my rig, I can't afford this yet but in the next couple of weeks I should be able to. Should I install the whip on the bumper or the rear?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Steel shims on the way- when they arrive I'll hopefully also have the parts for the limb risers, and I want to replace my UCA balljoint's boots as well. Hopefully in the next week or two.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Not sure. Honestly I'm hoping I have the money to get some OR-Gorilla lightbar mounts. Eventually I'll have a lightbar and I'd love to have decent mount points.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
A lot has been happening in my life- managed to upgrade to the Nitto Ridge Grappler 34OD tires, looks great. Here are some photos.

Other than that I've been doing a lot of roadtripping and am starting to realize the best way to organize stuff is bins with lids- otherwise everything gets strewn all over the place and things get lost. I've also determined I am ready for a long-travel setup.

When it comes to titan-swapping and long-travel the options are more than just a standard titan-swap and I don't know how many people have gone that route, mid to long travel titan suspension on an xterra vs stock titan suspension on an xterra... You'd end up with tires that would be around 6" out per side on each side if you did a long-travel titan suspension on it. That makes me wonder would it be better to titan-swap along-side of a drop bracket, and if so who would be the best person to go through? Calmini, Fabtech or someone else? I know there are a few drop bracket setups for the frontier/xterra and titan.

Discussion starter · #29 · (Edited)
Did a radiator upgrade to a CSF aluminum, also replaced the spark plugs, fuel injectors, o2 sensors, gaskets, and more in the engine area.

In addition I installed 1.5" Spidertraxx spacers and a 2" bodylift from 4x4parts requiring the radiator relocation.

Installed a lightbar too, 52" curved China thing I was given a gift. The mounts were made by a guy on the Xterra Crew facebook page. I'll get permission from him to post his name.
I haven't done the wiring yet, I'll get around to it once I figure out how I want to run it under the hood.

Took the dogs for a run after all was installed. It looks good overall. Fun to drive, here's a photo pre-fixing the skidplate so it'll mount properly w/ the 2" bodylift.

I'm going to be upgrading the rear to a maxgear bumper w/ a dual jerry-can carrier and tire carrier.

I'm assuming you did the BL at the same time as adding the spacers... I was wondering if that tire size and spacers would require any additional trimming compared to what you already have

Speaking of which, what tire size is that exactly? You said 34OD but...

I'm assuming you did the BL at the same time as adding the spacers... I was wondering if that tire size and spacers would require any additional trimming compared to what you already have

Speaking of which, what tire size is that exactly? You said 34OD but...
agreed, cus thoes tires only come in 17" wheels and up....

Discussion starter · #32 ·
My size is 285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I had to do a decent amount of trimming, probably up to an inch off the bottom of the fender areas, but with the way it's cut it looks really natural.

The wheel spacers were added to help with the body-rub from the tires, plus it does actually feel a little more stable hehe.

My size is 285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I had to do a decent amount of trimming, probably up to an inch off the bottom of the fender areas, but with the way it's cut it looks really natural.

The wheel spacers were added to help with the body-rub from the tires, plus it does actually feel a little more stable hehe.
Nice... that is the size I am looking at for my next set. I think they will look like a perfect match with my T-swap and drive well with 4.10 gears. 33's are just a bit too small. I'll have to compare at Tahuya this weekend :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.