Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Intro: Hi everyone. This is the belated build thread for my Xterra. This is my second Xterra. My first X was an 03 base xterra that was gifted to me by my Uncle who had no need for it anymore. I got it when I was 15. After driving that truck to high school and back for 3 years I ended up trading it in for my now current daily the 2014 Pro4x. Ever since I drove the 03 around as a youngster i fell in love with the style and characteristics of our trucks.

I loved to wheel the 03 as much as i could (even though it was 2wd) I learned a lot with that truck and tackled some pretty big projects at a young age.
Now that I have a rear locker and 4wd I feel unstoppable haha. So without further ado i present to you my build.

Early September 2019: I bought the truck for approx. 18k with 60k miles on the clock from a Honda dealership in central Florida. I live in Jacksonville so it was a little drive. I searched for many months trying to find the perfect truck and this one popped up so i jumped on it. I didn't care what color it was as long as it was clean.

Username: N.FL.X
Xterra nickname: N.FL.X

Make: Nissan
Year: 2014
Model: Xterra
Trim: Lifted Pro-4X
Color: Avalanche White

MODS

Done = -
WIP = +
Need / Want = ++

Suspension:

• Nisstec extended travel 3" lift with 2.0 radflos and red springs
  • Nisstec AAL's
  • SPC's
  • knotched the coil bucket
  • Extended Bilstein's in the rear
  • Extended stainless steel brake lines (rear still needs to be done)
  • Adjustable shackles set at 1"
  • rear sway bar delete
  • ++ titan swap

Wheels Tires:
  • Nitto 285/75/16s
  • melt mod
  • ++ want 35's but may not do that until i Tswap.
  • ++ want some new 17x8.5/9 KMC wheels
  • ++ depending on offset need some spacers

Exterior:
  • ARB bumper
  • deleted the mud flaps
  • + stickered up
  • ++ 10k lb winch
  • ++ quality leds for the truck (i had some led's installed but i removed because of some wiring issues)

Engine / Under the Hood:
  • New radiator courtesy of Nissan
  • New heater hose and pipe on firewall
  • ++ Snorkel upgrade
  • ++ Engine bay deep clean
  • ++ Stronger battery

Exhaust:
  • secondary cats deleted
  • Magnaflow muffler installed

Armor:
++ oil pan
++ trans pan
++ and radiator pan
++ rock sliders

Interior:
  • Kenwood excelon XR900-5 Amplifier powering my RF speakers
  • 10" Kicker sub and box in the back
  • + patch collection on tap

PHOTOS

First pic i took of the truck ever:

Before the lift:

After the lift:

Some dirty pics ;)

The first REAL wheeling test with my cousin and his 2012 wrangler.

Most recent photos:

Here is a little video i made up of photos and videos in chronological order since i got the truck:

I'll be adding small projects on this build page from here on out.

- N.FL.X

·
Registered
736 Posts
Where exactly in North Florida are you?
I just moved to North Florida Crestfield/Niceville area

Reactions: N.Fl.X

·
Registered
2005 OR
33 Posts
Welcome! You’ve done many good things and sounds like many more planned.

Was it ever in an accident? I notice it’s missing part of the side trim on the passenger side and the passenger headlamp appears to be smoked while driver side is aluminized

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra Lightning Silver metallic Off-road in the 4x4 flavor
12 Posts
What part of N Florida? I have been everywhere between Marianna-Pensacola area, grew up mainly in marianna but lived in Baker (outside of crestview) for a short time, lived in Pace (outside of milton) and was in south Florida for a few months (close to springhill). Now im in Talladega, Al.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What part of N Florida? I have been everywhere between Marianna-Pensacola area, grew up mainly in marianna but lived in Baker (outside of crestview) for a short time, lived in Pace (outside of milton) and was in south Florida for a few months (close to springhill). Now im in Talladega, Al.
Where exactly in North Florida are you?
I just moved to North Florida Crestfield/Niceville area
Don't know why im not getting notifications of comments on my own build thread :unsure:

Anyways, im along the St. Johns River in Jacksonville's eastside. Its nice here though I wish I lived closer to the mountains. I travel North often to visit family and wheel some fun trails.
I live with my parents still but slowly gaining experience in the construction field. Hoping to start my own business within the next 5 years.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! You’ve done many good things and sounds like many more planned.

Was it ever in an accident? I notice it’s missing part of the side trim on the passenger side and the passenger headlamp appears to be smoked while driver side is aluminized
For sure. Next on the list is onboard air and some armor. And maybe a winch. We'll see.

When i bought it in 2019 Carfax said it was in 3 minor accidents (I.E. no police or insurance involvement) Im guessing the previous owner from Michigan hit a mailbox or something a few times. Theres a fairly large dent in the driver front fender and the passenger rear fender.
Yes the headlights were different before i got new ones earlier this year.

Man sounds like you've been all over!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess I finally experienced the ol exploding heater core fitting. Had to get a tow to the local Nissan dealership I get service at. I didn't want the same crappy plastic fitting so i bought the Dorman aluminum replacement part at a local AutoZone. Ended up replacing the part in their parking lot.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I found this part number on site if anyone is interested.

Dorman 626-610

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm planning on installing an 8gang switch panel for future accessories and stuff. I haven't quite decided where i want the panel. I'd like to find a spot on the ceiling or dash. I noticed that this panel is removable:

Im not sure what it is for but it might be big enough to mount my switch panel to it.

For some reason it has dates and some sort of graph on it.

Heres the switch panel im buying: Amazon.com: Voswitch UV100 8 Gang Programmable Switch Panel Power Control System for Truck UTV Side by Side Boat 12V Battery Use: Automotive

·
Registered
2007 NIssan Xterra S 4wd.
7 Posts
I am out west of Jax in Union County. (Lake Butler) sounds like we need a beach xterra day lol.

Don't know why im not getting notifications of comments on my own build thread :unsure:

Anyways, im along the St. Johns River in Jacksonville's eastside. Its nice here though I wish I lived closer to the mountains. I travel North often to visit family and wheel some fun trails.
I live with my parents still but slowly gaining experience in the construction field. Hoping to start my own business within the next 5 years.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am out west of Jax in Union County. (Lake Butler) sounds like we need a beach xterra day lol.
Nice area out there.

Yea that would be sweet!! Id love to make some localish friends to hit the trails with. Are you apart of the Nissan frontier and xterra Facebook group? They often host events and meetups all around Florida. There has yet to be one within a couple hours of me though.

Would be cool to maybe start a small meetup here sometime through that Facebook group.
Florida Frontier Club™️ | Facebook

·
Registered
2007 NIssan Xterra S 4wd.
7 Posts
I haven't had my x that long. I haven't gotten into any other groups and haven't even made it to the beach yet. I work nights so it can get hard to make events. I would like to hit some of the Ocala forest easy trails one of these days.

Nice area out there.

Yea that would be sweet!! Id love to make some localish friends to hit the trails with. Are you apart of the Nissan frontier and xterra Facebook group? They often host events and meetups all around Florida. There has yet to be one within a couple hours of me though.

Would be cool to maybe start a small meetup here sometime through that Facebook group.
Florida Frontier Club™️ | Facebook

1 - 15 of 15 Posts