Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Matsayz

25K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  Nate the Grate's XTERROR 
#1 · (Edited)
Well in May 2012 I unloaded the Xterra and went in a new direction, heres my 2012 Subaru WRX. I do miss the Xterra and maybe someday I'll get another.

New wheels, going to powdercoat them white possibly...

Got her tuned, 299whp/323wtq

Username: Matsayz
Year: 2005
Make: Nissan duh
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Desert Stone
Mods:
PRG Advance 4x4 package with upgraded Eibach springs
Shrockworks Front bumper
Shrockworks skids
Rear bumper from MaXterra (Dave) (bought 5/8" shackles with 3/4" PIN, found at Trail Duty for $20)
AJ's SuperSquare sliders (first bolted, now welded on)
Xoskel Rear light bar
2 Hella fog lights(on bumper)
2 cheapo rear lights
Finally got the stock fogs for the Shrock (thx Marcin!)
Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp Series winch w/ synthetic rope
Firestone Destination tires 285/75/16
Pioneer FHP8000BT(Pioneer XM radio unit)
Fully Amsoiled
BullyDog tuner
Volant CAI w/ Powercore filter
IMS from COfronty
TheNewX.org stickers(+5.5hp!!) I've got a few so add'em up!
Customer Arizona pin-striping(free!)

THEN: Day 1 on our way home from the dealer

NOW:

At her peak of mods:

A little three-wheel action(first weekend I bought the Xterra)

Before lift w/ Shrock bumper

After w/ PRG lift

Xoskel Light cage installed(not wired just yet), AJ's Super-Squares installed

Up close and personal!

new Firestone Destination M/T's!

New MaXterra rear bumper

Big Splash and how I lost my grille

LIGHTS! finally...

DIY Interior Bike rack

Put some OR wheels on that I scored for cheap on Craigslist

My new Nevada license plate

See less See more
#5 ·
installed the Xoskel light cage, thanks Fangars but just havent wired them. did it while i had some down time on our road trip and also installed AJ's sliders. now we just gotta drive all the way back west and get my Firestone MT's and hopefully the shrock skids should show up at the house shortly afterwards. oh btw i've been pulling 19.5 to 20.8 MPG during this trip. thats up thru Colorado, across Iowa, into Michigan and up to Maine. i'll follow up with figures on the trip home(thru TX and all the rest of it). definitely noticed the wind noise when i put the lights up top but oh well, it will go along with the MT's right??!!

#12 ·
but a heat gun? maybe i'll give it to you when i come back over to borrow your right angle drill. i need to finish installing my super-squares i got from AJ, maybe you can weld them! i know how much you liked doing that. :eek:ccasion5:

Now tell the truth. When you were at AJ's place picking up your squares didn't you get the urge to just start driving thru the miles and miles of cornfields 4 wheeling?
well we had just drove from Boulder, CO to like Ottumwa and then up to AJ's place the next morning so i was DONE with corn....

#11 ·
Now tell the truth. When you were at AJ's place picking up your squares didn't you get the urge to just start driving thru the miles and miles of cornfields 4 wheeling?

#16 ·
Your rig is look'in REALLY GOOD!!. I just hope someday to have something look'in just as good!

#22 · (Edited)
i like'em. first off their pretty good lookin. traction wise they're pretty dang good, i can only compare them to my stock tires so that's all i know. but i do like them quite abit. they hum of course just like any other i suppose but not like those crazy ones you see on BIG trucks ya know. wearing just fine as far as i can tell. MPG's tanked of course but nothing tooooo bad. aired down to 16-18psi for the West Coast Meetup(first actual offroad with them) and they did pretty good i'd say. i am afraid of the lugs getting torn off tho but we'll see what happens. the guy at Firestone that i got them from said "i dont care if you park out front of the store and take a knife to them, we'll replace them, i know what you guys do with them" so yeah. but KM2's were always neck and neck, but i got 4 Desti's for $958 out the door :eek:ccasion5:

#25 ·
Hey Matsayz, sorry I never got those pics to you. It's been a crazy few weeks and I haven't had time to take some pics. It's funny though, I remember looking at pics of your rig before I installed my own cage.
If you want to talk about wiring details let me know, I think I have some good ideas for a quick release, just haven't gotten around to making the changes.

#26 ·
yeah i had mine sitting up there for awhile on my road trip so i got a few pics but the thing was never wired up. i've got a guy hopefully wiring it all up for me. i dont do electrical... makes ma head hurt. but lemme know what you think about quick disconnects, i thought maybe like some trailer plug type things. the drag up top is just too much for my daily driving.

oh and i figured i'd put my Hella Fogs on the Shrock bumper and just grab another 2 driving lights for up top and maybe i can have them pointed enough to cast the light when turning corners at night. Penksi has his setup real nice on his 1st Gen Fronty. we'll see. your rig looks real good in your avatar dude. lemme know when you get those shots, thanks.

#31 ·
yeah that does look familiar, cept i havent gone back up 3 Feathers like that, i usually do the dip part. went down a different section of 3 Feathers this last time, the part to the right of your FJ, a wee bit of a drop, smacked my left rear leaf-end/shackle...it now matches the right side! looks good dude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.