Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for a second PMF, color looks pretty dark and going into winter, I want the X in top running shape..

anyway, I have been looking through the web for the best price. Problem I see if I can get some for $8/qt, but when you fact in shipping it jumps back up to $11-$12/qt which is about the same price as the local dealer.

Anyone have any places on the internet where you get a better deal then $11 shipped to my door? Or even local to the Portland Or area..I would pick it up if I can save some $$$$.

Thx

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nissan of Portland on 122nd used to sell it at ~ $11/qt. The best price I could find...

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I usually go through Brian at Jersey parts as well, but shipping a case to denver wasn't cheap. So I called my local dealer and asked the parts manager if they would price match Jersey and/or Courtesy Parts and he got back to me with $8.99/QT plus tax. You may be surprised, you can find a good guy here and there working at a stealership;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I did the same thing recently and found it was not cheaper to try and order it online vs the local dealer.. It was $12.99/qt (singles) but if i bought a case it was $11.99, so i just got a case from the dealer..

I never thought to ask if they would match prices though..

brian

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you have a freind who works at a shop and can get it dicounted threw nissan its about $8-9 per quart . Thats what i paid threw my shops account at nissan. But recently I started mixing Amalie synthetic with nissan type s . The amalie is half the price and conforms to type s standard . We have used it in a few nissans at my shop.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
on line
2,044 Posts
8.99 is the best price i have paid.... the dealership had an internet store called something like nismo...... dealership was purchased and internet store closed by new owner.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to get my dealer to come down to $10.25/qt. Seemed it was the cheapest when adding shipping..the only thing I didn't count on was the sales tax, of which I might not had to pay if I when online...

either way, I have 12qt sitting in my garage for a PMF this week...hopefully

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
there you go. same thing i did. I wanted to spend the money but the shipping killed it.

I got mine for $10.50 a quart at St Charles Nissan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts