Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's used them or has them now??

looks like a nice agressive tire, deeper lugs then the bfg m/t from my readings (and quite a bit cheaper)....couldn't find any info on sidewall thickness thou
I heard mastercraft is a cooper tire company, if that really matter any.
http://www.stopandgotires.com/modelsize.asp?productcode=55513&src=frgl
Oh yeah, if there's an overall good general opinion i'll order these tires by the end of the week

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The worst I can see happening is you will not get the miles out of them.

Give them a shot, see what happens.

I don't usually give much merit to online reviews of tires. Most people post their review right after they buy the tire which sure, they might be cheap, they might look good, but other than that, you don't really know much about them.

For instance, my brother bought a set of Maxxis Buckshot Mudders. He read all the online reviews and people were saying how great they were as a daily driver tire.

He has 10,000 less miles on his Buckshots than I do on my BFG MT's and he has less tread left (both front and rear). He thought it was his alignment which he had checked and adjusted 3 times now. Sure, he paid $50 less per tire, but I bet he's going to go through two sets of tires in the time that I only go through one set of BFG MT's.

So, just food for thought.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
like Muzikman said, they will most likely have a shorter lifespan. I had a cheap set of Mud Kings on my old blazer and they lasted only around 40,000mi, and at that point they were smooth as a baby's bottom. Another thing with cheaper tires is that it is harder to keep them balanced. If the price is right, give it a try and let us know.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tires will be used for daily driving and the occasional wheeling....i'm gonna call the company later to find out sidewall info, this is probably my biggest concern, if they match up to the 8 ply on the bfgs and maxxis i'll order some today

bfgs are a great tire, and everyone in my area seems to have them on their 1/2 tons and jeeps, i'm looking for something different yet still reliable!

tread life is of little concern to me, i was paying almost $300 per tire for my last vehicle and getting only 20k before they were like racing slicks!....anything better then that and i'll be happy

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update!!!

called the tire place today, the tires are no longer manufactured in this size....so....i guess they're off the table

would be nice if places would removed items from their websites when they don't carry the product anymore!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts