Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have an aftermarket (NISMO) shift knob? i have seen some for the 1st gen X but nothing for the 2nd. i wanted to know if there was something available before i made one.

can anyone verify if the thread is M10x1.25?

thanks

-dan

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I know NISMO has some for the frontier/Xterra. I am just trying to remember the website name....

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was on some site for the 350Z and came across the M10x1.25 thread for MOST nissans.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
i kinda wish i had a manual...i've had one of these since i was 17 (transfered to every car until the X - auto)
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/genknobep1406.html

the only difference is that mine has a small hole for a tiny led so it lights up with the flick of a switch. if it helps at all, i found it at the Hershey car show that they have in October...back in 1995.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the shifter i made yesterday needs more work. after throwing it in the lathe, cutting and facing it to size, i realized that more material needs to be removed. its a nice weight for slapping into second and fourth though. i thought about putting a LED in it but i remembered how annoying the one i had on a switch was. blinding as hell.

oh, and if anyone else was wondering, the thread size is M10x1.25. NOT the standard M10x1.5! Use a "S" size drill bit with the M10x1.25.

ill get pictures when i get it black anodized.

·
on line
3 Posts
If anyone has installed one of the 350Z NISMO shifters? I'd love to see a pic. The threads are correct but the one I looked at, (Nissan dealership) was 2.5" and my stock shift knob is about 3.5". I'd like to know how it looks/feels, and how the boot looks with it. I didn't find any NISMO that were Xterra specific...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts