Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TITAN SWAPPED!!!
More photos soon to come, as well as a profile update!!!
MakingSumXs
My Ghosted X
*Work In Progress*(for a while)
Year:2008
Make:Nissan
Model:Xterra
Trim:S
Color:White

Mods List(installed):

Running Gear:
2" Coil Spacer with 2" PRG Deaver AALs
285/75/16 BF Goodrich AT KOs
Stealthed Rims
Those annoying cam bolts

Outside:
Krawltex Bumper
Blacked out Bumpers
Blacked out Tail lights
Aeries Tail Light Guards
Rear L.E.D. Bumper Bar (brake/turning signals)
Xoskel light Cage with 4 Pro Comp 130 watt 6" spot lights
Wal Mart Special Fog lights for reverse on the rack
Kargo Master Safari Rack
Stock Fog lights installed in bumper
Wireless controller on all spot lights
Curt hitch
Painted Nissan Hamburger
Removed the side-steps

INSIDE:
Volant CAI with new Powercore Filter
Garmin Dock and Garmin 785T
Alpine IVA-W505
I-Pod Dock
Back-Up Camera
Bluetooth
Blue L.E.D. accent floor lighting
15% Window tint up front
5% tint in the back
El-Cheapo Seat Covers (I've used about 3 sets in the past 4 months because of work, dont wanna spend a lot of money)
My version of the Garvin cargo rack!

Where it Started!!!

How it sits now...

How it sits as of July 22, 2012!!!

Built, Painted and Installed 10-26-11

Still Needed:
Audio!!!!
Speakers all the way around
Under the seat subs (just for sound, no show here)
Some louder tweeters
Bully Dog Chip
Aftermarket Gauges

·
TNX Administrator
20,493 Posts
Mighty fine start on your Xterra Page, makingSumXS.

·
on line
6,064 Posts
Looking good! I like the light set up in the front you got going on, might be the first!
The new air dam definitely needs a another Monster sticker on it though!:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was very impressed with the CAI. Sounds a lot better, throttle response was much better, and I can tell the RPMs have a lil gain, can't judge any saved MPGs yet tho I've wasted some gas listening to it on the way to work. Install was pretty easy, but my mounting holes didn't line up to well, I did relocate the horns tho, had to add some wire. Thanks for the sell tho im enjoying it so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good! I like the light set up in the front you got going on, might be the first!
The new air dam definitely needs a another Monster sticker on it though!:eek:ccasion5:
haha thanks
Yea i know, that one was given to me, i think im gna try and find a glow in the dark one, if not im keepin the black and white theme.

Also i need to do a writeup of the wireless light set up. I got a wireless 4 channel controller, the front and back (back up lights) work off of. Pretty simple setup using some relays, also only requires one power wire running to the roof to the receiving box on the roof rack to control any of the lights, its pretty cool.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dude, how did you install those lights into your roof rack like the offroad versions? It says your X is an SE not an offroad, so just wondering how you got those up there. It looks awesome!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I love your rack!
I looked it up, but there are a lot of ones that look like it...
how much did you get yours for?
also, how'd you wire the lights? did you drill a hole in your roof or run it a different way?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love your rack!
I looked it up, but there are a lot of ones that look like it...
how much did you get yours for?
also, how'd you wire the lights? did you drill a hole in your roof or run it a different way?
I got it used from a friend a few years ago, its been through some beatings and its still goin strong!
And i ran a power wire out of the rear hatch grommet, just got a special waterproof grommet, wires will be re done soon!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you have to do the melt mod to get those tires to fit with your 2" lift?
I did. And actually i did the melt mod with a hair dryer, woke back up and evidently i didnt let it cool enough because it popped back out. Im gna take a spray bottle of ice water and heat it up a lot more, hold it and spray it was the water. Im sure the rapid heat loss will at least warp it out of the way

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Me too man. I've been searching through all the different roof rack build threads picking up ideas and what not. The mount is becoming the only hard part for me.
Ive been looking and i think the most logical and cost worthy is gna be a drop in style like the Maxterra or the DepHep, plus im wanting a 4x4 pretty badly now so anything that takes more than about 20 mins to swap out is pretty much sh!t canned

1 - 20 of 33 Posts