Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrghhh! I just got a call from the stealership this morning. Apparently, they were inspecting my X and found some serious frame cracks. He said they also just received a TSB for the 2009-2013 Xterra’s regarding frame cracking near the transfer case. The service manager told me that he was really concerned about this and Nissan is looking hard at any X’s that comes in with this problem. They don’t want to issue a recall and if there are signs that the vehicle has seen substantial off road use, they will have to report it to your insurance company. Worse than that, if the frames crack, the service manager said that from his past experience, a lot of insurance companies will consider the vehicle a total loss because of the dangers in insuring a vehicle with a cracked/repaired frame. I asked him how they were going to determine whether the vehicle had “substantial” off road use and his reply was that they were looking for vehicles with modified suspension and skid plates that have been obviously seen heavy use.

Just when I thought I had purchased a good vehicle, something like this pops up and now I’m faced with the good possibility that my insurance company is going to say I can’t insure the X anymore and here’s the check to replace it.

I’m literally sick to my stomach thinking about all the time I’ve spent modding and planning for other mods. I don’t even have the Shrockworks skids I bought installed yet! I am so pi$$ed. I bought this X because I didn’t have the money to buy a Rubicon and the insurance money isn’t going to be enough for me to get the Jeep. This sucks. Heck, even the FJ Cruisers are out of my price range.

Well, I hope all of you people don’t run into this problem. If you’re worried about it, just remember that today is the worst day in my life… I’ll always remember the date… April 1st.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You don't want an FJ anyways. If you look at one of those things wrong, they burst into flames. Twice.

If you buy a Jeep, you'll have to do that stupid little Jeep wave thing.

Just get your stick welder out and patch the X up.

·
Registered
2011 Xterra S (6MT)
211 Posts
Ahhhhhh friggin April Fools!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts