Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I got my magnetic bra installed today and so far the feelings are mixed. It looks like it is going to do the job, but I am not sure if this is the solution I am going to keep for a long time. I think that clear bra will be more of a benefit especially for cars that are not black or white (this one comes only in these colors).

The trick about this bra is that you have to put it on like you would put film, i.e. it comes in a roll and you have to heat and unroll the thing on your hood. The manual recommends to drive the car in order to warm up the hood and then put it in but the hood won't get hot enough. On top of that, the whole thing is not cut out to fit hood perfectly. You have to heat, bend and stretch to make it fit. All of this is fine if you have an outlet and a heat gun. Unfortunately my car is a street being and I had to drive around the block and re-fit the bra several times. I think I got it done by the end of the day.

Pros:

- Looks good.
- Sturdy.
- Will definitely do the job if installed correctly.
- Cost. $60 delivered.
- Quality. American built good quality. The seller provided excellent shipping.

Cons:

- Pain in the rear to install if you don't have correct tools.
- The instructions could be better. The box says "pre-heat" the bra before unrolling but does not say anything else. What am I supposed to do? Stick it in the oven?

Anyway, I'll put some pictures up tomorrow. This is a good bang for the buck and if you have your own garage and a black (or a white) car, this should be a no brainer. Looks like it is going to protect more than the plastic wind protector sold by Nissan for $70. Get yours at:

http://www.magnetbra.com/

Cheers!
/v

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

After today's re-adjustment, I must say that I am highly satisfied with the product. It hugs the curves pretty well. Tips on installation:

- Warm up the bra and make sure that the hood of the car is warm.

- Clean and wax the hood. The area covered by the bra should NOT have any dirt!

- If you see tiny bubbles, do not try to push them! You may have some dirt under the bra and you will damage the pain if you try to push those bits of dirt into the paint. Un-roll the bra, inspect the surface and do it again.

- It is easy to cut the bra with scissors. However, you don't have to do it. I made minor adjustments only because I installed the bra when it was cold.

- Enjoy! $50 is a small price to pay for this wonderful product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts