Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I saw these a little while ago and thought that they would be GREAT, especialy down here in NC where the mosquitos, ticks and horseflys are everywhere. How did they work with the stickyness, and any marks left after you pulled them off? Does it appeer that the sticky will loose its stickyness after a few uses?

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. It's regular no-see-um screen with a nylon pocket sewn around the edges, with magnets in the pockets.

I was laughing at everyone else setting up their tents, until my girlfriend guilted me in to helping the others out.

Perfect ventilation, nice cross breeze. Probably not great in the hot sun, but tents suck then too.

·
on line
68 Posts
I received my Magna Screens a couple days ago and they look like they’ll do a good job of keeping out the bugs. I had assumed they would have used a flexible magnet strip but instead they used 28 individual magnets sewn into 2 ½” long pockets around the perimeter. I imagine they’re stronger than strip magnets would have been and the individual magnets allow you to fold the screens up easier. Here are some pics.

·
on line
225 Posts
Those things are pretty cool. Looks like it would be a pretty easy DIY job. Maybe I'll get the wife to get her sewing/fabric skills going and contribute to the X...I just have to ask nicely...

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:iconbiggrin: Gotta add to the KUDO's for these screens, they are really STUPENDOUS

I still (used) my custom screen, but this one is good, on any window, on the X

Worthwhile buy !!!

:bounce::headbang: JIMBO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts