Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Creek said:
So, I was at Campmor the other day and had happened to see this http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/s...6&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1
Of course I thought of the X, so I bought it.

Mounted it today...pics
-- snipped for brevity --
I love Maglite Flashlights - I used to work for them. Here's where I mounted my rechargeable. Maybe not the most popular area for some of you but it's right at hand and I use it a lot. Plus it's my truck! Tinted in green is the rechargeable cradle (it recharges while it's in the cradle). As you can see I sacrificed that tray that I never use for my CB.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
very cool, I have to find those mounts up here in Canada!!

·
on line
113 Posts
What did you use to mount the flashlight brackets? Did you just use screws into the plastic or were you able to reach behind and use machine screws with nuts?

·
on line
1,149 Posts
I did the same thing although i mounted mine on the panel right next to the shifter on the drivers side. I also mounted one in the rear right side of the trunk in the passenger side cubby. Fits great.

·
on line
157 Posts
Thanks for the location idea! I went a step further and took the entire glovebox housing out (there's 5 screws, one is hidden to the right of the fusebox, pull back some of the trim to access it) and measured so I wouldn't have any clearance issues. Seems fairly strong.

·
on line
157 Posts
Ha! Sorry to revive an old thread but I just picked up my X and was searching to see if anyone mounted a Mag. Previously I owned a Liberty and mounted it to the driver's seat frame but the X is plastic coated. I don't think I would have ever figured out that location.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts