Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are axle assemblies(bearing & seal installed)for the m226 available?
I found theses part #'s 2022436-1 2022436-2 within the forum
they both come up "not found" on any parts dealers
wasnt able to find a nissan oem axle assembly either

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call Boulder Nissan, I know people who have had them shipped from them.
thanks for the lead IM1RU
yeah I got classic seal leaks on my 2012
I did the vent mod but the seals were already leaking at 75k miles
The oem vent was not clogged or stuck closed

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had bad luck with SKF seals on the M226. National is still tight after about a year.

I was really surprised the SKF both failed almost immediately. I've seen SKF installed on really high end industrial rotary equipment so expected a high quality piece.

The DANA seals are probably the best option.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks,Ive found the oem assemblies for $380-$400 each.
I was hoping to find the dana/spicer set that are $180 each for titan but not available for x
Im probably going to replace bearings/seals on my axles instead
cant justify the cost just to make it easy

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not a terrible job. I recommend a dremel to cut the lock collar and bearing race off. More precise than a drill.

It can be done with a pipe and a sledge, heating the lock collar and a lot of sweat. It's also a good excuse to invest in a harbor freight press. I'd worry about damaging the seal when using a hammer to assemble.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you're installing speedi-sleeves, this fitting from Home Depo is the perfect driver for pressing them on.

I also recommend buying one speedi-sleeve even if your not using them (or 3 if you are). It makes a good guide-sleeve for installing the seal. First put the seal on the extra speedi-sleeve, slide the seal/sleeve assembly over the axle shaft, then slide the seal from the sleeve to the axle.

Doing it that way pretty much assures that you won't crease the seal lip when pushing it on the larger diameter seal surface.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts