Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Run wire that would go to pin 3 on the switch to your aux beam panel. You aren't going to have an indicator light to know when your diff is locked / unlocked without installing some sort of indicator light. to clarify what jard said, the Diff posistion switch will not send power. It closes / opens a ground. I'd recommend using one of your open switch spots with a switch AND the auxbeam controller. Run power from auxbeam to switch. That whey you have a 2 switch system, and you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong button and your locker coming on. I run a 2 switch system with one in my main overhead panel, and another one on the left under the mirror controls so I don't have some DA drunk buddy go "oh what's this do" and hit it and my locker comes on.

· Premium Member
2,047 Posts
The Auxbeam switch panel buttons light up/have an indicator when the corresponding switch is activated.
I'm aware of that. And I"ve seen my rear locker take 30+ seconds sometimes to turn disengage. He can turn the auxbeam off and his locker can still be engaged for some time like jard said.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts