Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2006 Off-road, ADO 2" HD lift, Grabbers
344 Posts
So you need,
Constant battery +12v (used for supplying +12v to the device)
Switched +12v (used for illuminating the controller when head lights are on, for example)
Body ground, or -12v

Then you run the switch leg, from the controller, out to your device.

Fairly easy setup.

Or were you looking for another light to turn on, to tell you your locker is engaged?

· Registered
2006 Off-road, ADO 2" HD lift, Grabbers
344 Posts
The only way you will learn something, is asking for help and doing the work.
Do not worry about it.
I am not the best either, 10 years as a mechanic and going on my 10 years as an electrician, and I am still learning.

Awesome place for factory manuals, just a little confusing to find the exact page you want, at first.

Now, I think part of the problem may be that I was not understanding what you were asking too.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

Rear final drive, RFD, page 84, shows the factory wiring.
The diff lock solenoid, on the left, is Gray and Lavender.
The diff position switch, will send power to a light to say "your diif is locked" or it will shut of the light to say " your diff is unlocked". Theis is Black and Brown.

So to answer your question, you can do a few things with the wires.
1 - Safe them off, tuck them up out of the way. Easy peasy and your done. (Not the biggest fan, due to you not knowing if your diff is engaged or disengaged).
2 - Hook the brown up to an indicator light, then power the indicator light from the power off your controller and the black to ground. (This will tell you if your diff is engaged or disengaged. And these diffs do like to hang up sometimes, so it may be nice to know when that happens). (This is known as Proof, that a relay/solenoid has opened or closed).

Either way, it is your choice. Just want to let you know some pros and cons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts