Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my question.

The fate of my rear axle has lead me to buy a m226 w/e-locker w/3.36 gear ratio.

I am going to get an arb locker for the front but can not sleep soundly at night knowing the r180 may fail me after all the hard work of locking it.

So I want to get an m205 route but can not afford to do a full titan swap at the moment. What CV axles are needed to keep the xterra stance while installing a m205?

I thought I read somewhere that pathfinder CVs are whats needed but I can not remember.

On a side note, anyone with a m205 with the correct gears looking to sell, send me a pm.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
You need V8 pathfinder half axles. You might as well just buy the titan swap components, you'll spend about as much on the axles.
I am not a proponent of running the stock titan UCAs, they don't offer that much more than a PRG Xterra UCA, however in your case, you could literally spend a couple hundred bucks and be running stock titan lower and upper control arms, titan tie rods, and titan axles for the price of running the pathfinder axles.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need V8 pathfinder half axles. You might as well just buy the titan swap components, you'll spend about as much on the axles.
I am not a proponent of running the stock titan UCAs, they don't offer that much more than a PRG Xterra UCA, however in your case, you could literally spend a couple hundred bucks and be running stock titan lower and upper control arms, titan tie rods, and titan axles for the price of running the pathfinder axles.
Killswitch you've been awesome man with your information. and helping me, thank you for that! You are way ahead of me in this realm so bare with me as I try and catch up.

I dont have the cash to do all that...everything I have is being spent on the m226, m205 w/arb locker.

I cant change any of my suspension components yet, will installing V8 pathy cv axles in the m205 work with my current suspension components without swapping out anything else?

If I get all the OEM titan front end components, wont that be increasing the width causing rear wheel spaces to be necessary?

Thanks for all the help again man, I owe ya one for sure.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if u do the titan swap, i have a pair of wheel spacers i could sell you. $80 shipped
Well if I cant do what Im thinking about, will you hold on to those?

I just priced out all the titan stuff I need and it comes out to be around $750 not including the m205.

Found these UCAs on ebay. They look good and the price is even better.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TITAN-FRONT-UPPER-CONTROL-ARM-FOR-LIFT-KIT-4X4-4WD-4X2-2WD-/200942535809?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2010|Make:Nissan|Model:Titan&hash=item2ec91bc481&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Better off to use OEM Titan stuff with the 205, the V8 Pathy axles are insanely priced($400+ each), the OEM Titan arms should give as much extra travel as a set of aftermarket X arms, and the whole OEM Titan set(arms,axles,tie rods,hubs) should cost less than or about the same as the Pathy axles.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey guys....

So all the m205s I can find on the web seem to have 100k+ on them...and are around $700 is this reasonable?

Does high mileage matter all that much on front carriers and what years will work, I am finding a lot of 2004 Armada front carries?

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Hey guys....

So all the m205s I can find on the web seem to have 100k+ on them...and are around $700 is this reasonable? NO

Does high mileage matter all that much on front carriers?
To me it would yes. I suppose it's a matter of opinion. Let me put it to you this way, would you buy an over priced car with over 100k miles on it?

·
on line
7,141 Posts
Pathy axles are only available at the dealer and are $400+ each.
You can run them with your stock setup

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you're going to re-gear the M205, the mileage doesn't matter too much since everything is going to be replaced inside except the carrier and the axles.

Rugged Rocks has the V8 Pathy axles for slightly less than $400 apiece.

·
Registered
236 Posts
the way i have pretty much understood it is if you do a pathy swap or a titan swap the cost is similar, and the result is similar. the only reason people do the pathy is because they don't want their front to be wider. anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
the way i have pretty much understood it is if you do a pathy swap or a titan swap the cost is similar, and the result is similar. the only reason people do the pathy is because they don't want their front to be wider. anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the permission to correct you. Yes, you are wrong. The results could not be more different. One, you keep the Xterra suspension and run pathfinder axles, in the other, you move to a totally separate suspension and run titan axles. Cost is not the same.

Also, you added a useless and confusing post to a thread that has been answered 10 ways from sunday already.

Lastly, this is your 30th post (yes, I went and counted) in less than 24 hours. C'mon dude, take a break, you're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome. Less talking (typing) and more reading and learning. Being enthusiastic is great, but it's a bit much dude....especially when you have threads started like "what are you listening to while surfing the internet?" lame, dude. If it was 30 posts with well informed and well thought out comments on Xterras and the modification of Xterras, it would be one thing, but in your case, you seem to be going with the "quantity over quality" approach.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the permission to correct you. Yes, you are wrong. The results could not be more different. One, you keep the Xterra suspension and run pathfinder axles, in the other, you move to a totally separate suspension and run titan axles. Cost is not the same.

Also, you added a useless and confusing post to a thread that has been answered 10 ways from sunday already.

Lastly, this is your 30th post (yes, I went and counted) in less than 24 hours. C'mon dude, take a break, you're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome. Less talking (typing) and more reading and learning. Being enthusiastic is great, but it's a bit much dude....especially when you have threads started like "what are you listening to while surfing the internet?" lame, dude. If it was 30 posts with well informed and well thought out comments on Xterras and the modification of Xterras, it would be one thing, but in your case, you seem to be going with the "quantity over quality" approach.

^^^LOL killswitch your a beast!

On a side note, pertaining to my rear axle....I originally bought an m226 with 37500 miles on it outta a 2007 OR xterra for $1495, I was gonna pick it up today. Well I just canceled that order because a yard in New York just sold me a 2012 m226 outta pro4x with less then 100 miles on it for $1239....here is the kicker, its gonna cost me less even with shipping to Milwaukee. How bad ass?? Now I gotta find that gem of a m205 to match. :headbang::eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I found a brand new 2013 - M205 on ebay a couple months ago (free shipping) so, keep looking they are out there. The company was somewhere in the mid west... ill see if i can find out the name and pass it on.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found a brand new 2013 - M205 on ebay a couple months ago (free shipping) so, keep looking they are out there. The company was somewhere in the mid west... ill see if i can find out the name and pass it on.
Heck ya man, good looking! Can I ask how much you paid?

·
Registered
236 Posts

good job. hope you feel good now for posting a comment as pointless as mine.

·
on line
7,141 Posts
If you're going to re-gear the M205, the mileage doesn't matter too much since everything is going to be replaced inside except the carrier and the axles.

Rugged Rocks has the V8 Pathy axles for slightly less than $400 apiece.
Got a link for the axles? Searched the site but didn't see any

1 - 20 of 50 Posts