Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking into a TS and the Nissan parts dealer here are idiots and wont give me any prices or pns for a M205 differential w/o a VIN anyone have a lead on a M205 or a VIN i can go off to locate one of theses and also what year are people using to source parts for the TS swaps thank in advanced

·
Registered
321 Posts
Post 2007 has 3 ribs on the casing, instead of two, and larger circ clips on the axles to help prevent the driver side axle from popping out. Unless you're going to regear as soon as you get it, you'll need to find one out of a Pro4x or a Titan with the big tow so you can get the 3.36 gears. You can get a pre 2007 which as mentioned has 2 ribs on the casing and smaller circ clips. Either will work but post 2007 is more sought out for the improvements mentioned.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't feel bad, everyone here seems to use Courtesy for their parts which happens to be the closest dealer to me. I called them to price out changing the plugs and their service guy was asking me if I had a V6 or V8 in my Xterra... and wanted the VIN to figure it out. Seems like Nissan parts and service people might not bring their brains to work most days.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Here is a good historic read on the Titan Swap:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14761

Look at La Rana's post #65 where he mentions the specific part numbers. You don't need a VIN to lookup a part number for the diff assembly.

There may be updated information, as this is from 2009-2010, but a dealer could at the very least cross reference using the numbers in the thread above.

Another option is to use the Search feature on this site and search for Titan Swap in the thread title. There are a lot of great posts about the Titan Swap on this site. Some of them will include the part numbers, and some will not, but many will have very useful information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts