Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your spanner nuts look like the one on the left ..

You need to make this adjustment... You can also machine the non-thread side, just do not machine the thread side..or so I'm told..

Maybe it's not a 2 rib or 3 rib issue more of a post 2010 issue.... that actually rings a bell from my conversations with Steeve..

For any additional technical information please contact Steve at Rugged Rocks or ARB..

·
on line
3,754 Posts
so it turns out i do have this problem. im going to take the spanner nuts to my parents tomorrow and grind a bevel on them with my dads bench grinder.

·
on line
3,754 Posts
Ok. So just a little grinding on them so they "open up" a little wider?

I'm grinding mine now at my parents. Kind of wishing I brought the diff and everything with me so I can test it out before going home since I live 40 minutes from my parents house

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
^what year did yours come out of? might be helpful for other users.

Edit: why do you need to do this? is there contact issue somewhere? or will the carrier just not go in?

·
on line
3,754 Posts
The one that goes on the ring gear side wouldn't open wide enough to fit the locker in. The ring gear was contacting the diff case. Mine is a 2010 M205.

·
on line
3,754 Posts
It looks like they changed the design of those nuts and it was a bad move for this install

What are you guys using to cut the copper tube? I bought a mini tubing cutter from harbor freight and it doesn't go small enough. I just looked at auto zone and they have pretty much the same thing, won't go small enough

·
on line
3,754 Posts
Thanks man.

Apparently the harbor freight cutter is extremely cheap. I tried a couple other auto parts stores and napa had a mini cutter that was able to cut it. The guy let me try before I bought it so I cut a half inch off the tube to make sure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts