Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a few people are using M.O.L.L.E pouches through out their X, on the back of their seats with the cover king seat covers, attached to the back of a cargo rack, on a tack vest or plate carrier.

where do you get your pouches from, what store/ website/ any brands that are field tested and approved, any brands to avoid due to cheap material and construction

I am working on an idea and am in need of some pouches any recommendations of what ones to get

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
maxpedition is usually my first choice. There expensive but far superior to the smittybuilt and coverking pouches.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking more for pouches, and the stuff that the army surplus sells out here is all torn to crap and not what I am looking for. plus the base that I work on doesn't stock any army kit only air force stuff

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have you asked them if they can get what your looking for at your local surplus store? They may not stock it like you mentioned, but my local surplus stores can normally locate whatever i'm after. That is how I got my ACU shotgun scabbard last year.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
acasper:
there are no army surplus outlets here where I live and the one that is 45 minutes away absolutely sucks. It would be cheaper if I ordered and had things shipped directly to my house rather then have them order stuff in for me

XKNUT:
I am willing to spend some $$$ on these items as long as they don't fall apart on the first time I use them.

as for the field tested and approved, I have used a couple 5.11 pouches and one maxpedition pouch while I was deployed ( the Canadian military gear is not designed to accommodate for MOLLE pouches and is by far modular ) but was wondering if there are better websites or places to get some of these items

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the impute guys, looks like I now need to go do some internet surfing on Amazon and the sites listed on here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts