Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low pressure light won't turn off. All tires are and the recommend pressure, 35 psi. I am starting the think the sensor is dirty. How dose one clean the sensor, or do I need to reset the sensor by disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
321 Posts
What makes you think the tires are really at 35?

I ask because I had this same problem and it turned out that the fancy tire pressure gauge I was using had died. HPH

·
TNX Administrator
20,476 Posts
I have two pressure settings:

Summer: 35 psi
Winter: 38 psi

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I had to change one of the tire pressure sensors and now the light doesn't go off with the new one. Do I need to reset something? I thought that it would just go off after I drove it a while, but it doesn't.

·
on line
2,362 Posts
So I had to change one of the tire pressure sensors and now the light doesn't go off with the new one. Do I need to reset something? I thought that it would just go off after I drove it a while, but it doesn't.
You need to teach the vehicle the 4 TPMS codes. That is each wheel has a unique signal. Putting in a new sensor is like buying a new garage door opener remote and wondering why it doesn't work. You need to program the garage door opener (vehicle) what the new remote (TPMS in the wheel) is. After that it will work.

As for removing the sensors, yes the dash light will always be on.

Around here I just go to Discount tire. They have all the tools to program the vehicle. Great tire shop to work with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to Discount tire where I bought my tires and they re-set the code. I also rotated and balanced my tires. Discount Tire is a great place. I had them check my sensors, they are still good. Too many damn sensors on this truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts