Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching but didn't find any info on this setup. Is it possible to keep the factory crossbars when using a low profile roof rack like the Dephep ones?

Would like to carry crap inside the roof rack as well as bikes on top when need too.

I don't see any pics of this setup on this forum or the net.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
It would probably have to be custom. When I order mine I want it three inches shorter in overall length of the standard dephep.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
put the bikes inside on a custom bike rack that mounts to the tracks in the floor
Yeah I've seen pics of that setup but I would like to keep the factory crossbars so I can also mount a Yakima cargo box or ski attachments if I need to.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
You won't want to keep the crossbars with any roof rack, because the weight limit of the crossbars are 150 lbs.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why keep the factory crossbars? The dephep comes with a cross bar as well... see below from an excerpt from a post from Vorian:
Oooh noooow you tell me! ;) I didn't know that the dephep comes with crossbars.. exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you sir! :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oooh noooow you tell me! ;) I didn't know that the dephep comes with crossbars.. exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you sir! :eek:ccasion5:
I hope it works out for you. If his current design isn't exactly what your looking for then let him know what you have in mind and I'm sure he'll cook something up... Check out the Sleeping Bag/Jerry can holder he made for me, he's a great guy to work with.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Shimi1st that's not a can holder its for um sleeping bags I think,,,, but heck yea we make you something hybrid90.
ohhh yes my bad... These were constructed to carry my extra sleeping bags :thumbup: ... they were in no way whatsoever built by dephep to carry Jerry Cans :violent3:

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shimi1st that's not a can holder its for um sleeping bags I think,,,, but heck yea we make you something hybrid90.
Awesome craftsmanship ya got there! Will definitely look your way once I'm ready.

Thanks for chiming in! :wave:

·
on line
4,434 Posts
I have a Dephep roof rack with custom 1-inch square crossbars that bolt on top of the Dephep. He made the mounting brackets that bolt the crossbars and I purchased the steel cross bars locally. They are wider than the rack, wide enough to mount my car top cargo box and two kayaks, or bicycles.

Here you can see the crossbar mounting bracket and the roof rack bracket fresh from powder coating.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a Dephep roof rack with custom 1-inch square crossbars that bolt on top of the Dephep. He made the mounting brackets that bolt the crossbars and I purchased the steel cross bars locally. They are wider than the rack, wide enough to mount my car top cargo box and two kayaks, or bicycles.

Here you can see the crossbar mounting bracket and the roof rack bracket fresh from powder coating.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Awesome! Thanks for the pics gpzguy. That configuration seems to work very well. :idea1:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have similar bars from Dephep. Rather than the mounting brackets being removable, they are welded to the cross bars as a complete assembly. Bike trays mounted on the outside so the center section of the rack is still open for use.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have similar bars from Dephep. Rather than the mounting brackets being removable, they are welded to the cross bars as a complete assembly. Bike trays mounted on the outside so the center section of the rack is still open for use.
Yeah that sounds like an awesome and very useful setup. Thanks for sharing! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the Dephep rack aluminum or steel? Was thinking of welding up my own from one inch square tubing, but thought all that extra weight that high up would raise the center of gravity to high on a SUV...thoughts?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts