Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weekend I'm planing to do 2 trail in the Mendocino National Park area, with camping overnight (I'll have my little girls with me):
Pacific Ridge Trail: a 20 miles un-paved with difficulty rating of 2, plus another 14 miles of well maintained un-paved to get out (with potential water crossing...or U-turn).
Lovelady Ridge Trail: a 9 miles un-paved with difficulty rating of 7 due to extremely steep parts and other interesting challenges...stock 4x4 should be ok, but a little lift wouldn't hurt.
(there is a level 2 bypasses for the level 7 area)

This is a blurb that I found online somewhere about Lovely Ridge Trail...should be fun:
"This challenging and extremely steep trail is an enjoyable run for experienced drivers of stock, high-clearance 4WDs. The trail, one of many within the Stonyford OHV Area, travels along Pacific Ridge, then Lovelady Ridge, and finally drops sharply to Little Stony Creek and North Coast "

There are a couple of options based on how the day goes:
1 - Do the Pacific Ridge Trail, track back a few miles, get on Lovelady, and get back on Pacific toward the beginning of it, and get to pavement.
2 - Do the first few miles of Pacific, get on Lovelady, than back on Pacific toward the end of it, and 14 miles of well maintained up-paved to get to pavement.

Meeting place, and last place to get gas (as far as I know):
Saturday, leaving at 11am from the gas station at 14023 California 16, Brooks, CA 95606

If anyone want to stop chewing on a turkey drum and join me, post here or PM me.

Pacific Ridge Trail + 14 miles un-paved to get to pavement:

Lovelady Ridge Trail:

·
on line
4,594 Posts
I'm a strong maybe.
Let you know by tomorrow evening.

·
on line
4,594 Posts
Sorry ... but somethings come up and I can't make this trip. :(

We'll get together in the new year for sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Super cool, can't believe you went down that side of Lovelady. I ride my dirt bike up there and know how steep that is!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Super cool, can't believe you went down that side of Lovelady. I ride my dirt bike up there and know how steep that is!!!
If I was doing this on my R1200GS Adventure, it would have been a different story...it's much easier on 4 wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts