80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Username: SgtWehunt

Make: Nissan
Year: 2007
Model: Xterra
Trim: SE
Color: Knight Armour

Intro Comments: Used to have a 2011 Pro-4X, loved it, but some things started going wrong and decided to cash it in while the value was still up. Just purchased a 2007 SE trim and am looking to get back into the off-roading fun while keeping miles off the "race car".

Intro Photos:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Hey where'd you get that short roof net attached to the cargo hooks? I had a Ranglier and it was too big, something small would be nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey where'd you get that short roof net attached to the cargo hooks? I had a Ranglier and it was too big, something small would be nice.
Made it out of 550 cord aka paracord. YouTube gave me the know how on making the net itself, just played around until I got it to work around the clothes hooks in the back. So far it's been great for just about anything that won't ruin the head liner by rubbing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CB antenna mount done finally...cable ran through the vehicle, tuning tomorrow along with another visual change, looking at replacing the big Nissan emblem on the back, have a plan for the two holes involving JB Weld and a new emblem to cover it all up. Pics coming once it's done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Channel 1, Channel 40 tuned down to about 1.5 on the SWR meter...partly why I decided to stick to the swivel on the end vice the other mount in the night time pics, with the spring in the setup I'll be able to tie the antenna down if needed, so far it's just as quiet in the vehicle up to highway speeds with the setup, glad the air dam does it's job.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dad got an idea from his Tacoma forum to put mesh gutter covers behind the grille, essentially protecting the radiator while looking awesome...he also spray painted his radiator flat black which I'm debating on copying...anyways, we did the mesh on the X and it turned out pretty good, I'll get a better finished product pic tomorrow, forgot to take a pic until I got home from washing the X around 11pm. It'll get added to the pic heavy initial post.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Be cautious with that mesh. It can clog with bugs and debris easier and could block airflow. Depending on the mesh used, even if clean can restrict airflow by 50% or more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just ordered a 6000K bi Xenon HID kit and 8000K reverse LED lights...can't wait!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts