Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I've just never really paid attention to it before but it seems to me the blower for the HVAC system is quite loud. Anyone have any suggestions (shy of turning it off) to make it quieter? I really wish it had more settings like my wife's Civic.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got it off. Hmmm. They actually replaced it at the dealer yesterday but maybe I'm just being overly anal retentive?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Mine makes a flapping noise even after the truck is turned off. Ready to tear apart the dash as it does drive me crazy at times.

·
on line
131 Posts
I had an older car that, somehow, a leaf got down in there by the blower and was making that same awful racket. Kinda like a bicycle with a baseball card in the spokes. Anyway, I opened it up and removed the leaf, problem solved.

·
on line
81 Posts
I have noticed noise coming from my blower too. Nothing too bad as you can't really hear it when the radio is on. But when the radio is off and it is on the lowest setting it kinda sounds like the brushes are rubbing a little too much. Almost like the sound a computer makes when it is starting to go bad. It seems to be a tad worse when it is really cold.

mfenske: Did getting it replaced fix your noise issue?

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Those of you that have a noise, do you have the in-cabin micro filter?
The last couple of times I've changed that out, I've found leaves, and fairly large debris in there that could'ave gotten into the system to make noises like the ones you all are talking about.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
epor said:
mfenske: Did getting it replaced fix your noise issue?
Nope, but I have to go back (AGAIN!!!) cause the TPMS light is on again and now the back wiper is inoperable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts